Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went exploring last weekend and snapped a few pics of the trail. This is nothing extreme, just some fun, ultra tight, ultra technical singletrack....This first pic is of a sweet little drop. I was by myself so no action shots. The bike is a large Gemini, to give you some perspective.
The landing is pretty ahiry, those leaves are covering some ugly rocks.

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And another....
This was off the trail a bit and below the drop shown above. The good line is up over the top of the boulder and then launch off just to the right (unseen) of my bike. Pretty good landing, just slick with the leaves.

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This was cool- two line on this. You can either do a drop onto a rocky off-camber about where the center of my bike is, or go high to the right side of the pic and over the large slab, coming in about halfway down the hill. That is steeper than it looks.

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This was really cool: Above this is a long section of rock slabs that lead into this chute. It is steeper than it looks, and sort of undercut about halway down. You can't roll it, you have it kind of manual at the top and drop through the chute.

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Last one...
Again, just a really fun section of trail. Those steps up top are about 2 ft high, and again- it is steeper than it looks. Not hard, just technical.

All in all, this is one of the best trail I have found in a long time. I was by myself, so no action shots. You will just have to trust me ;) . Besides the pics, this trail had some of the hairiest drainiage crossings I have ever seen. I was in XC gear, so I skipped a couple of them, but with some armour and someone to take pics they would be real challenging.

One cool thing, after I got back to a more "socially acceptable" part of the woods, a ran into another biker who asked where I had been. I told him and said "Nah man, couldn't have been. I've hiked that and it's unrideable". I told him I probably had the trail name worng and went on my merry way.

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
looks like fun...how is it to ride over leaves and stuff
LOL, you west coast slacker! They are slicker than owl ****, but sometimes they get hung up in your wheels and make the bikesound like a motorcycle- I like that part. BZzzzzzzzzz. :D

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
ChipV said:
LOL, you west coast slacker! They are slicker than owl ****, but sometimes they get hung up in your wheels and make the bikesound like a motorcycle- I like that part. BZzzzzzzzzz. :D
oh yeah!!! even better when ytou throw some snow on top! even simple xc trails get fun then!

·
Registered
758 Posts
do you mean

ChipV said:
And another....
This was off the trail a bit and below the drop shown above. The good line is up over the top of the boulder and then launch off just to the right (unseen) of my bike. Pretty good landing, just slick with the leaves.
launch off the boulder your bikes leanin on or the farther away one?

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
Hey, Shiver...

SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
looks like fun...how is it to ride over leaves and stuff
Do you guys have much cactus, like we do where I ride? Leaves?...what's that? Have you seen a mesquite tree shed in the fall?...millions of little things that biologists call leaves that are about 2" long and 2mm wide. We do, however, have a spot on our local riding trail called, "Mesquite Forest"...it's an inside joke.

Attachments

·
Registered
702 Posts
Leaves

Ha haha!Leaves!I'm in Portland,Or.My local trail,behind my house,is covered in leaves.Fun when it's dry.A little wet,don't plan on turning.Wet leaves are like ice.Still,a fun time to ride just before it's too wet.It might snow tonight!If mud freezes and it snows you can't say you are tearing up the trail,right?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
austinb89 said:
i was thinkign the same thing.
The other boulder would be sweet, but you can't just ride up it...it would require some building.
Funny, you can ride through these woods and on each side there are huge down hardwoods that could makes some sweet, sweet skinnies. The woods are FULL of boulders and drops like I have pics off, and some much, much bigger. All of it just sitting out there.
I'll tell you, it's sad that there aren't more trails around that take advantage of this stuff. The local bike clubs are full of tight assed leg shavers and novices who dumb down the trails. All the established (and legal) riding spots have been manicured to death. I have tried to recruit some folks to the dark side, but when they find out that I sometimes "misinterpret" those trail access signs they get all worked up about it. Screw it, I gotta ride and if that's what i have to do to get the good stuff the so be it. That's what mountain biking was ABOUT back in the day.
That is one reason I like it out west so much. Man, there were so many good places to ride, and folks were stoked about some bushwacking some new stuff. Man, they were AMPED to go get into some shait- carnage and mayhem all the way. All I've hear around here is blah, blah, blah....and no one packing the goods.
Ok, my rant is over.
I fell better now.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.