Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2681 - 2693 of 2693 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I bought this Druid last week and have a clicking noise when first sitting on it. Seems to come form shock tunnel area and when putting power down when riding you occasionally feel it coming through cranks. Don't suppose anyone has had similar issue and can shed any light?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,768 Posts
I was on an alloy smash for a few years before my druid. The GG bikes love to be pushed reallllly hard and that transfers very well to the druid. I think the druid is more playful and doesn't get caught up in the chuck as much.

Techy climbing is great. Feels a bit better than the smash mostly in regards to traction in the rear.

My druid is a160/130 mullet with a coil fwiw.
Is the Druid as capable as a Smash?

What I want to avoid is being undergunned, that was the situation with the Pistola 130/150.

I had a Mega Trail, it’s was more than I needed, now I’m riding a 140/160 Shred Dogg which is just right.

I have no experience on a high pivot, the closest I got was seeing a Druid on the TRT last summer.

I’d be swapping over all the parts from my Shred, though I’ll probably keep the Shred but convert it back into a 27.5

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi guys, I bought this Druid last week and have a clicking noise when first sitting on it. Seems to come form shock tunnel area and when putting power down when riding you occasionally feel it coming through cranks. Don't suppose anyone has had similar issue and can shed any light?
Sexy bike. I hope you get the clicking sorted. Did you try checking that everything is properly tightened in that area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
high pivot witchcraft
4,320 Posts
Quick question...

What stem length are you guys running?

I’m running an 800 wide, 20mm rise Next R bar and a 50mm Turbine stem. Thinking of changing things up to an 800 wide, 35mm rise bar and a 35mm stem.

No real issue with the current set up. Just a little bored and curious.

Thanks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Quick question...

I’m running an 800 wide, 20mm rise Next R bar and a 50mm Turbine stem. Thinking of changing things up to an 800 wide, 35mm rise bar and a 35mm stem.

Thanks.
I just did something similar. I'm on a medium Druid and I went to a 35mm stem, 800mm 35mm rise OneUp bar. I'm 5'7.

I much prefer the smaller cockpit.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I had a clicking develop in my Push. Rotated the coil and it disappeared. Might be worth trying possibly. (?)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Quick question...

Thanks.
I'm running the weareone bar stem combo. 800mm width, 20mm rise and 45mm stem,
I was on the oneup bar with 50 stem and 35 rise.
I prefer the new setup but did add one 5mm spacer under the stem.
Cheers !

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,292 Posts
I'm 73", with a + ape index, on an XL. I couldnt imagine riding an L.

FWIW --- even though everyone wants to focus on sizing by reach and stack, TT length is still the number that will make or break you. The in the saddle position is much less dynamic than the out of the saddle/attack position. As such 10mm difference in TT length will be felt much more in your back than 20mm in reach length. Most L bikes have a 640ish TT, while most XLs have a 660ish TT. The L Druid is 627 TT and the XL is 651....kind of making them tweeners.
Agreed on TT length, current FS trail bike has 648TT, but it's 9 years old with a 73SA, fatty HT is 657TT with 74.5SA. I can't imagine dropping to some of the newer < 630TT that L size bikes have. I need to demo some "new" geo bikes to see how they feel with the much steeper SA.

Have you got a side on photo of you XL posted in this thread anywhere?

·
high pivot witchcraft
4,320 Posts
I'm running the weareone bar stem combo. 800mm width, 20mm rise and 45mm stem,
I was on the oneup bar with 50 stem and 35 rise.
I prefer the new setup but did add one 5mm spacer under the stem.
Cheers !
Coincidentally, I am thinking of buying Da Package from WAO myself. That’s exactly what I am looking at.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is that Lew's bike? Sooo jealous, how much did you get it for?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Coincidentally, I am thinking of buying Da Package from WAO myself. That’s exactly what I am looking at.
I had been thinking of trying a shorter stem one the oneup.
Was in a bike store and the guy says, "hey check this out" and pulls out the purple bag with the weareone bar stem combo. I shouldn't have looked at it because It's so nice I just bought it on the spot.
It's insanely light and the workmanship is amazing.
I wasn't intending to replace the oneup lol.

2681 - 2693 of 2693 Posts