Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2341 - 2360 of 2693 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Was chatting more with my dealer about the Dreadnought preorder list. Anyone have any info about them being offered as complete builds? They were being pretty coy about it all. I think i'd prefer to buy a complete build for this one as building another $11k+ bike isn't something I really want to do at the moment.
Ran into the same as you re coy-ness. Was told frames first with builds at a later date. Didn't want to wait for the builds so I'm in for a custom setup.

The wait is excruciating ...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ran into the same as you re coy-ness. Was told frames first with builds at a later date. Didn't want to wait for the builds so I'm in for a custom setup.

The wait is excruciating ...
Pricing out a build at the moment and I am sitting at $8900CDN roughly. I assume a factory build would be a tad bit cheaper. We'll see what happens. I am not stressing too much as I've got the druid already but I could imagine the wait really sucks haha

·
high pivot witchcraft
4,320 Posts
Added a little spice to my XT ride. The bike looks way better in person. Bright colors on dark don't photo well on an iPhone XR. Thanks to CHWKS for the vector files. They worked like a charm. Might change to fork decals to match too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CHWK - is this the same colour as my decals? If so, woohoo!!!!!!!! Plus the fork!!!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Pricing out a build at the moment and I am sitting at $8900CDN roughly. I assume a factory build would be a tad bit cheaper. We'll see what happens. I am not stressing too much as I've got the druid already but I could imagine the wait really sucks haha
Yeah I blew past your build price pretty quickly unfortunately, but I'm hoping the sheer joy and exhilaration I get from the new bike helps me to forget the cost!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah I blew past your build price pretty quickly unfortunately, but I'm hoping the sheer joy and exhilaration I get from the new bike helps me to forget the cost!
Yea... mine would be a bit more but I have a huge pile of excess parts left over from other bikes that are mostly new. It probably won't be as visibly fancy as the Druid, but its meant for park duty anyways

·
Off the back...
2,266 Posts
Was chatting more with my dealer about the Dreadnought preorder list. Anyone have any info about them being offered as complete builds? They were being pretty coy about it all. I think i'd prefer to buy a complete build for this one as building another $11k+ bike isn't something I really want to do at the moment.
I was thinking about a full build, but I have enough parts lying around [fork, wheels, tires, crank, cassette, pedals] that I should be able to get one rolling for a grand more than the frame-only price. With the way component availability is, a factory build might not be available until late summer or later...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just took delivery of my large purple Druid and it is stunning. I’m starting to put it together, and for the life of me, I can’t route the cable to the dropper - anyone have advice on this? It’s like there’s a solid wall of carbon behind where the rear brake and shifter cable enter the top tube.

I’m sure it’s been covered in this very long thread, but I appreciate your help! I’ll be sure to post some pics when I’m done.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just took delivery of my large purple Druid and it is stunning. I’m starting to put it together, and for the life of me, I can’t route the cable to the dropper - anyone have advice on this? It’s like there’s a solid wall of carbon behind where the rear brake and shifter cable enter the top tube.

I’m sure it’s been covered in this very long thread, but I appreciate your help! I’ll be sure to post some pics when I’m done.

The dropper enters the right side cable port at the head tube and goes down the down tube, from there you should unscrew and open up the cavity at the bottom of the frame near the BB via the two screws, and then you'll see a port in there to route the cable up into.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes, I have used the RWC needle bearing kits on shocks for other bikes and they definitely make a difference by removing the friction seen at bushing where the rotation occurs. Definitely worth $40 in my opinion, no question.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hmmm. Who is Beta MTB? Looks very lifestyle-ish - not a bad thing, although I wonder if it's only loosely associated with Forbidden.
I think it Ryan Palmer and Co, previously from BIKE Mag.
This should be great content

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yea, I figured early Feb was too soon for a new bike announcement. Sounded like it was more of an end of month thing.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ordered a crap ton of parts for the Dreadnought build yesterday. Scrounging the internet for deals since most of the local shops are out of stock. Got a full SLX drivetrain, some Code RSC brakes, Raceface Turbine Dropper, One Up Goodies. I am going to wait until the bike is released to buy a fork and wheel set. I don't think they'd go superboost on the rear, but you never know.

·
high pivot witchcraft
4,320 Posts
Ordered a crap ton of parts for the Dreadnought build yesterday. Scrounging the internet for deals since most of the local shops are out of stock. Got a full SLX drivetrain, some Code RSC brakes, Raceface Turbine Dropper, One Up Goodies. I am going to wait until the bike is released to buy a fork and wheel set. I don't think they'd go superboost on the rear, but you never know.
Are you going to go with We Are One on the wheel set?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Are you going to go with We Are One on the wheel set?
If the rear spacing is the same as the druid, I am just going to hang the druid on the wall and swap my current wheel set over for the summer. Not going to be riding both bikes at the same time, and certainly not going to let anyone else ride it haha

I'll probably purchase a WAO wheelset towards the end of the year.

2341 - 2360 of 2693 Posts