Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2321 - 2340 of 2360 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I prefer the option of removing it if I ever need to haha. I contemplated the spray adhesive but that stuff makes a mess. What I did last night was remove all the old tape. Cleaned it super well, then scrubbed with wax and grease remover a few times. I scuffed up the back side of it with red scotchbrite, and cleaned again. Then I applied some 3M adhesion promoter to the back that i've used on rubber trim in the past. Applied some fresh 3m VHB tape to it and put it back on. We shall see how it goes.
I was thinking about VHB tape for mine. Does it come off the paint without damaging it?

·
high pivot witchcraft
4,261 Posts
Asked my dealer to put a allocation on a dreadnought for me. What am I doing with my life? I've got a problem.
He11 no. If it makes you feel any better, I have 13 bikes in my garage, and I just put a deposit on a Stumpy for my daughter to lock it down.

Life is short. Feed your passion.

·
Registered
86 Posts
He11 no. If it makes you feel any better, I have 13 bikes in my garage, and I just put a deposit on a Stumpy for my daughter to lock it down.

Life is short. Feed your passion.
It makes me feel better. Ask my wife and she'll tell you a different story :) haha

·
high pivot witchcraft
4,261 Posts
It makes me feel better. Ask my wife and she'll tell you a different story :) haha
Congrats BTW!!! I trust you are properly celebrating this great news. Are you planning on keeping both? At least in the short term?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey FYI for all Druid owners, Real World Cycling (RWC) makes a needle bearing kit for the shock dimensions on the Druid and figured I’d pass along the link to the specific part needed.

The back end of the shock sees the rotation so the kit is only needed on that end. A pretty cheap way to gain some sensitivity/small bump compliance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey FYI for all Druid owners, Real World Cycling (RWC) makes a needle bearing kit for the shock dimensions on the Druid and figured I’d pass along the link to the specific part needed.

The back end of the shock sees the rotation so the kit is only needed on that end. A pretty cheap way to gain some sensitivity/small bump compliance.

Interesting. Have you tried these out and noticed a difference? Also, can you still service the shock easily (pull off the large can to get to seals)? The bearing kit from Fox is big, and I've read (but not verified) that you can't remove the can without pressing out the bearings.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Interesting. Have you tried these out and noticed a difference? Also, can you still service the shock easily (pull off the large can to get to seals)? The bearing kit from Fox is big, and I've read (but not verified) that you can't remove the can without pressing out the bearings.
I was thinking about that awhile ago. Had a RWC kit on my Following. Only need it in the high movement side of the shock. There's quite a bit of movement on the rear pivot of the shock, so should have similar noticeable difference. It's worth trying IMHO.

I'm running an ElevenSix now, so I can't comment on the air can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
Added a little spice to my XT ride. The bike looks way better in person. Bright colors on dark don't photo well on an iPhone XR. Thanks to CHWK for the vector files. They worked like a charm. Might change to fork decals to match too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
So Cal Slayin'
120 Posts

Thanks for sharing this. I did have a kit on my original Evil Following and it definitely did help a bit with small bumps. For the price, I may throw one on my Druid and see how it does.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Was chatting more with my dealer about the Dreadnought preorder list. Anyone have any info about them being offered as complete builds? They were being pretty coy about it all. I think i'd prefer to buy a complete build for this one as building another $11k+ bike isn't something I really want to do at the moment.

2321 - 2340 of 2360 Posts