8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

Reactions: BlackPenquinn

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,025 Posts
What's old is new again. It instantly reminds me of a 1993 GT RTS
Or Balfa BB7 for the high pivot with roller...

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one fella I know who's been on one for a while loves it and says "it's the best climbing bike I've been on". I should be able to demo soon. They look very good in person and unlike some new bikes have good tire clearance.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
It’s so nice to see some real innovation in the mtb industry right now. Does anyone know what tyre clearance the Druid will have?...

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is what FBC posted on NSMB. "Most 2.6s will fit but the clearance is at the limit of what we feel acceptable. We recommend a good size 2.4 or 2.5."

Here is the tech doc. 2.4 recommended, 2.6 max. Clearance looked good on the one I saw.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
This is what FBC posted on NSMB. "Most 2.6s will fit but the clearance is at the limit of what we feel acceptable. We recommend a good size 2.4 or 2.5."

Here is the tech doc. 2.4 recommended, 2.6 max. Clearance looked good on the one I saw.
Thanks very much Travis!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I've wanted a high single pivot bike with an idler setup for ages, a bit more travel though. I've always wondered why they don't make the idler position adjustable via some means to adjust the antisquat on the fly or at least manually.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I wonder how much extra friction on pedaling the upper pulley generates. Unlike the derailleur pulleys it is under pedaling force tension.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Druid or Knolly Fugitive :confused:

@Travis Bickle: Can you post a comparison once you've ridden the Druid? As far as I remember you own a Fugitive :)

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We will be comparing them. The guys I work with are much better riders than I am, we all ride a large, and are all very familiar with the Fugitive. I can't imaging a better bike than the Fugitive but I'm ready to be convinced.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Great :) I'm wondering how the bikes compare in low speed enviroments (techy stuff) and high speed descents. One review claimed that the druid (like other high pivot bikes) is difficult to manual/bunny hop... I'm interested in your opinion once you rode the druid.

·
high pivot witchcraft
4,325 Posts
We will be comparing them. The guys I work with are much better riders than I am, we all ride a large, and are all very familiar with the Fugitive. I can't imaging a better bike than the Fugitive but I'm ready to be convinced.
TB - in addition to all your other observations, please let us know if you feel greater driveline resistance compared to a non-HSP set up, and if so, the extent of it and whether this should be a consideration for prospective purchasers. Thanks.

EDIT: just saw CrozCountry's post above. I think we have the same question.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
TB - in addition to all your other observations, please let us know if you feel greater driveline resistance compared to a non-HSP set up, and if so, the extent of it and whether this should be a consideration for prospective purchasers. Thanks.

EDIT: just saw CrozCountry's post above. I think we have the same question.
I couldn't imagine it'd be that much drag or the reviewers would have mentioned it. IMHO, it cant be anywhere close to the drag of running a minion in the back or tire inserts.

I tell you Mike, I'm ready to jump ship for this one.

·
high pivot witchcraft
4,325 Posts
I couldn't imagine it'd be that much drag or the reviewers would have mentioned it. IMHO, it cant be anywhere close to the drag of running a minion in the back or tire inserts.

I tell you Mike, I'm ready to jump ship for this one.
I know what bikes you have had and enjoyed.

That's quite a statement.

As for driveline resistance, the issue was raised in the PB comments. It seems like a legit thing to either confirm or dispel. I can't think of a better man than TB to do so.

1 - 20 of 2746 Posts