Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was cruisin around up there doin my usual route and all of a sudden i come across course markers and then later see a guy on an atv settin **** up talked to him for a bit ... then i followed the course for a bit and its a fun course, (i was on my 32/18 ss) a lot of it takes place on my usual route, but one thing is that there is a shitload of poision oak so beware of that.

Not sure where exactly it starts but you guys who want to preride it looks mostly marked.

·
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
let me find out when school ends cause that might be finals week :eek: but if not ill request it off work and ill do it for sure.

·
MTBR.com Addict
616 Posts
Melt said:
let me find out when school ends cause that might be finals week :eek: but if not ill request it off work and ill do it for sure.
Keep me up to speed on this. I might like to join also. Maybe we could make it an official slacker ride in honor of our dear departed Impy :D

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
STrackMike said:
Keep me up to speed on this. I might like to join also. Maybe we could make it an official slacker ride in honor of our dear departed Impy :D
ACK! I feel like I'm dead!

Speaking of slacker rides I'm hoping to do one on an upcoming monday.....mebbe the day after 24hour.

Hey, to get back on track, when is the Angwin race? Melt, how was the course on a SS.

·
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
race is sunday. The parts of the course i rode are deff very ss friendly ... im not that fit yet cause i havent been riding mine that long, and usually only ride mine at china camp or angwin but i know people who are regular ssers would love this course.

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Melt said:
race is sunday. The parts of the course i rode are deff very ss friendly ... im not that fit yet cause i havent been riding mine that long, and usually only ride mine at china camp or angwin but i know people who are regular ssers would love this course.
Oh I get it. Angwin is the same as the Dirt Classic in Napa. D'oh. Crashmaster will be racing that on his SS. Wish I could make it up in time.

·
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea same place ... i was supposed to ride last weekend with andy but he never called back so i dunno what happened there.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Impy said:
Oh I get it. Angwin is the same as the Dirt Classic in Napa. D'oh. Crashmaster will be racing that on his SS. Wish I could make it up in time.
If it's the same course as last year I couldn't imagine it to be very SS friendly.. There's some intermediate climbs followed by long flat singletrack, followed by a long climb. You might not need a front deraileur, but a rear should would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
biggz said:
If it's the same course as last year I couldn't imagine it to be very SS friendly.. There's some intermediate climbs followed by long flat singletrack, followed by a long climb. You might not need a front deraileur, but a rear should would be helpful.
looks like 37 crazy people did it last year anyway :D

·
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mtb+me said:
I remember last year being no pre rides because the trails up there are on private land. Whats the deal.
meh, ive been riding up there recreationally for 5 years and no probs with that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.