Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, just wanted to know, what the acceptable misalignment was on a four bar frame. I haven't got a Turner (but the Devinci forum is a bit sparse!), but the bike I've got fits very well into the 6pack kind of steed.

The back end of my bike is 2.5mm to one side. I can see the wheel is slightly off to one side of the frame, and seems to be at a slight angle to the front triangle. ie, when looking down the bike from the rear, the rear tyre points very slightly off to one side of the bike.

Also, when putting the rocker back together with it's seatstay counterpart (much like in Turner's) the seatstays are about 4mm to one side.

I can't feel any issues off-road, but riding along tarmac it seems to pull Very slightly to one side. Am I just being fussy, or is there scope for complaint. To be fair, the manufacturer has already said that if I get major issues, I can contact them. I guess I just feel a tad miffed that I 'know' that my bike is out! Any ideas?

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Sounds like a crooked frame. If it were me, I'd send it back.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Take the rotor and cassette off the wheel and mount it backwards in the frame (the freehub side on the brake caliper side). Is the alignment exactly like it was before? If so, the frame is off. If you end up with some other whacked wheel position it is a bad dish, or a bent axle. Dish can be determined in a wheel truing stand or with a dishing tool (or on a different bike with a non-suspect rear end). To check for bent axles, spin the axle and see if it goes though an eccentric rotation.

Read this page to see how to check frame alignment (do the string-method).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.