Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Calm Like a Bomb
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently have a double and a demo 7....over the past few days i was at a lift assisted park and found i had much more fun on my double than i did on my demo, so i mainly used it...i'm planning on replacing the pike 454 air uturn with something more appropriate but nothing more than 160mm (would likely be a travel adjust fork)....and i got to thinking of the BR....wondering how it rides compared to the double.....i love the geo of the double as it suits me very well and the BR seems like a slightly larger version of the double.....wondering who has ridden both and how do they compare

·
Calm Like a Bomb
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the HA had a little to do with it as the demo is very slack...i think the shorter wheelbase and lower BB height also made it more fun/flickable as well....does the BR feel similar?...would love to be able to test ride one but don;t have that option

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
What I was trying to say was the reason that you had more fun on the Double because of the steeper HA.

The demo7 has a low bb too. I have a feeling that the BR would feel like the demo but with a stiffer rear end.

I just went from a BR to a Blindside and love everything about the Blindside. I even took it out on some tight jumpy singletrack yesterday and she handled like a dream. Cornered so well, felt poppy and flickable off the jumps and pedaled better than I expected it would. Dunno why I'm more comfortable on the BS than I am the BR but I am. Others may and probably do have the exact opposite opinion.

·
The Beaver
1,153 Posts
I have almost the same bikes as you do... I see no reason to need something in between.

But I am not say that you shouldn't get a BR, just that I wouldn't

·
I gotta pee
335 Posts
Sell the demo and get a blindside.. Same flickability as the bottle but with the ha of the demo. I test rode a bottle for 3 weeks and loved it just wanted more travel, now i own a blindside and cant say enough good things about it. The bike is so easy to flow and flick. I say sell demo and buy a blindy

·
Calm Like a Bomb
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dynamatt said:
Sell the demo and get a blindside.. Same flickability as the bottle but with the ha of the demo. I test rode a bottle for 3 weeks and loved it just wanted more travel, now i own a blindside and cant say enough good things about it. The bike is so easy to flow and flick. I say sell demo and buy a blindy
thanks for the input...don't need the extra travel of the BS...good to hear about the flickability though

·
Registered
172 Posts
I say if you want the BR, and have the funds, go for it. It will definitely fill the gap between the bikes you already have. The bottlerocket will feel much more akin to the double than the demo. I'm guessing you were running the double with the fork at 140mm, this puts the wheelbase and head angle almost identical to the bottlerocket. If you run the BR with a 160mm fork and zero stack headset, it will be exactly what you are looking for.

·
Calm Like a Bomb
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pinknugget said:
I say if you want the BR, and have the funds, go for it. It will definitely fill the gap between the bikes you already have. The bottlerocket will feel much more akin to the double than the demo. I'm guessing you were running the double with the fork at 140mm, this puts the wheelbase and head angle almost identical to the bottlerocket. If you run the BR with a 160mm fork and zero stack headset, it will be exactly what you are looking for.
i have been thinking of this for a few days now and this is exactly what i was thinking as well...thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.