Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anybody needs any added confedence when they are trying to clear a gap/jump, i found this formula from,my friends uncle who is a police oficer. They use it to calculate the speed that something is going if it flys through the air (hits a jump). Anyway i havn't actually tested the equation, and it might not be accurate because it was probably desighned for "cars", but anyway, here it is.

S=(2.730)(D)
------------------------------------------------- S=SPEED X=ANGLE OF JUMP
(cosx)("thesquarerootof"h-(d*tanx))

whatever....... :confused:

·
not really a noob
3,510 Posts
justpayme12 said:
If anybody needs any added confedence when they are trying to clear a gap/jump, i found this formula from,my friends uncle who is a police oficer. They use it to calculate the speed that something is going if it flys through the air (hits a jump). Anyway i havn't actually tested the equation, and it might not be accurate because it was probably desighned for "cars", but anyway, here it is.

S=(2.730)(D)

jesus chr!st its like math class. im on spring break keep that sh!t away from me.

yet interesting:confused:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
justpayme12 said:

S=(2.730)(D)

ima gotta use me chinkness to test this shiz out

ull hear back from me next week ;)

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
hardcoe newbie said:
[QUOTE

ull hear back from me next week ;)
cause its gonna take a friggin week to figure out:D[/QUOTE]

dat nothin for me asianness but me bike is in for a free tune up all week (if i dont use the freebie, itll expire)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.