Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of the threads that I've seen on the F7 are that no one knows that much about them. In my limited way I figured I would share mine (I'm a bit of a novice biker, as I just started back up after 20 years and this was a good bike for my wallet)

Frame -CO2 Alloy
Fork -RST Gila Pro T8, 100 mm
Headset -Slim Stack A-Head
Hubs -Formula OV31/32
Spokes -Stainless Steel
Tires -CST Caballero, 26 x 2.1
Crankset -Shimano FC-M311
Bottom Bracket -FSA TH-7420ST
Chain -KMC 8-speed
Front Derailleur -Shimano FD-M311
Rear Derailleur -Shimano Alivio
Shifters -Shimano ST-EF50
Handlebars -ZOOM, 20 mm rise
Stem -Cannondale XC3
Brake Levers -Shimano ST-EF50
Brakes -Tektro 836 V-Brake
Pedals -Wellgo alloy platform
Saddle -Cannondale XC
Seat Post -Kalloy SP-359

·
Registered
360 Posts
Nice ride, man. Diggin' those colors and the "f7" decal. :thumbsup:

Looks like the welding is a little different on these. And a regular 1 1/8 headtube. Makes sense.

Now you just need to get it dirty!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SlipperyPete said:
Nice ride, man. Diggin' those colors and the "f7" decal. :thumbsup:

Looks like the welding is a little different on these. And a regular 1 1/8 headtube. Makes sense.

Now you just need to get it dirty!
Gotten dirty already...:thumbsup: Unfortunately now I've had 2 ingrown nails removed on weds and my feet are too tender for my shoes...hhe, gonna try sunday.. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. I did get the xtra large frame though. The large wasn't quite big enough for me (6'1 with 34" inseam)

·
Registered
554 Posts
It looks better than the regular Trek, Specialized, Giant, etc. as I expected. The 1 1/8 headtube makes sense as SP said but too bad this frames doesn't accept a Fatty or Lefty, is this the begining of the end? :confused:

·
Registered
524 Posts
I tried to tell everyone- deaf eyes.

SlipperyPete said:
Coming from a shop that sells these and have had them in stock for a while... Somewhere in that 'other' thread is a description, alas everyone was more concerned about China's Socio/politcal status. Despite the fact that there's a nice black and white sticker on the bottom of the frames saying 'Made in Taiwan'.

Anyway, they're coming out in a range of really nice finishes- might take a few pics and post them for you all.

NB: the F6 is the bike with the larger HT to accept Lefties (although spec'd with a RS Dart 3).

But good buy- you're getting a nice light frame that you can build up on :thumbsup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey, for me it's a good bike for a novice. It's comfortable, drivetrain is smooth, and I can always get an adapter if I really wanna ride lefty (though I would go to a full suspension frame 1st)...

·
Registered
469 Posts
Looks like more of a legit bike than most low end offerings from the other guys. It doesnt have a short, high rise stem and fugly looks of some other cheapies.

Funny how its spec'd with the same seat/grips/tires as my Rush 4, which runs about 6x as much as the F7...they really skimped on those parts for the Rush.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Not saving that much.

2007 Cannondale F5 disc - $579 Made in the USA.
2008 Cannondale F7 disc - $500 Made overseas.
2008 Cannondale F7 rim brakes - $400 Made overseas.

A $79 dollar savings for a bike spec'd closely, that is manufactured in the USA vs. one that is manufactured in China/Taiwan. Spend the extra $79(disc)/$179(rim). No preaching, it's simple math. $80 bucks and you can support America.

jeff.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
az1jeff said:
2007 Cannondale F5 disc - $579 Made in the USA.
2008 Cannondale F7 disc - $500 Made overseas.
2008 Cannondale F7 rim brakes - $400 Made overseas.

A $79 dollar savings for a bike spec'd closely, that is manufactured in the USA vs. one that is manufactured in China/Taiwan. Spend the extra $79(disc)/$179(rim). No preaching, it's simple math. $80 bucks and you can support America.

jeff.
Guess you didn't notice the rest of the asian stuff attached to the f5/f6/f7/caffiene, every other bike made. To be honest, I would support American made products more if America still took pride in their products. Between major us manufacturers looking to cut corners and the unions raping the corps forcing them to cut even more corners in order to just keep up..well.. my opinion anyway. (And I live in the steel town of pittsburgh where unions put most of the steel mills outta business. )

1 - 20 of 95 Posts