Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next March. $450. Steel rigid SS bike. V-brakes, 135mm rear hub. Geometry looks good. Bike looks good. Disc ready fork and frame. Few reasons not to get one.
All over the 29" forum and www.twentynineinches.com
I think it's way cool. This will only lure more riders into trying SS. Some because it's the cheapest 29"er to try that out, and some that just need an excuse to get a dedicated SS bike. 29"&SS is a great match. And it almost happened a quarter century ago...

·
Sofa King We Todd Did
2,262 Posts
I'm wondering about 'cheap' versus 'inexpensive', mate. In the absence of getting a closer look at the parts, I worry that $450 for the bike will mean a couple more hundred bucks to replace parts in a few months or so.

Still, I'm terribly intrigued this offering.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
SpinWheelz said:
I'm wondering about 'cheap' versus 'inexpensive', mate. In the absence of getting a closer look at the parts, I worry that $450 for the bike will mean a couple more hundred bucks to replace parts in a few months or so.

Still, I'm terribly intrigued this offering.
Same price as the 26" Monocog. The part spec is serviceable, off-roadable and fairly durable. Not light or fancy. They did a great job on the frame graphics though.

·
Retro Grouch
2,091 Posts
The major Monocog issue...

Homer Simpson said:
I agree the graphics do look good. At $450 (if accurate) these thing ought to move out of stores rapidly. Maybe even one for me.
...was the BMX spacing in the rear. Now that they have finally come to their senses, I expect the Redline Moncog will probably outsell the Surly 1X1.

1G1G, Brad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.