Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you black diamond freriderz out there in the SLC area,

Moose Hollow is ready. Be there for black diamond wednesday....

I have finished the trail maintenence on a shuttle run at the top of the south side of Parleys canyon that used to be a fun trail and became overgrown.I goes off the side of a trail up by those antenna towers. This is a trail made up of game trail (Moose and deer), old hiking trails and old service roads. it is slow, techy and lots of trials type moves. No drops or hucks but lots of opportunities to go over the bars. Ultra lush forest behind and above the golf course. Nothing too dangerous, giggles all the way down. 30 plus minute run.

Wed the 28th at 6 pm i am organizing a ride to burn it in and get some new people on it so it doesn't get overgrown again!

There is a 30 minute sorta strenuous climb/moderate push up a dirt road to the top. Bring your kneepads and a sense of adventure. freeride/heavy duty trail bike is best but a DH bike is fun too. DH bike not necessary.

email me and check this link for more info on where to meet and arrange the shuttles.
link
http://www.go-ride.com/Local Riding News
weak map
http://www.go-ride.com/Local News/Moose_map.htm

I know a lot of people have been paging me on new shuttle info so there it is!

Krispy

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
Sounds Good.

Krispy-

Can't really shuttle anyone's big bike with my Emo German Road Car and Roadie Roof Racks (unless you have a Maxle or something), but I can definitely be at the parking lot at 6pm... Which exit number?

JMH

email me and check this link for more info on where to meet and arrange the shuttles.
link
http://www.go-ride.com/Local Riding News
weak map
http://www.go-ride.com/Local News/Moose_map.htm

I know a lot of people have been paging me on new shuttle info so there it is!

Krispy

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Meet us at 6 30 at the Parley's Summit exit, go under the freeway and park there on the dirt, we ride up the dirt road past the gate. I'll leave my truck at the bottom to pick up drivers with.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That sounds sweet. Wish I still lived in SLC. Reading this post by Krispy reminded me of a funny story.

When Krispy used to work at Guthrie's there was this dude who came in with his Cannondale Scalpel and Kripsy was checking it over as I was standing there looking at the magazines. Krispy takes a look a the guys rear shock and mentions to the guy that is air valve cap is missing. The guy as serious as can be says to Krispy, "I took it off to save some weight." Krispy just started laughing as did I. You had to be there, it was pretty funny. Krispy is the shiznit!

:band:

·
Registered
344 Posts
JMH said:
Krispy-

Can't really shuttle anyone's big bike with my Emo German Road Car and Roadie Roof Racks (unless you have a Maxle or something), but I can definitely be at the parking lot at 6pm... Which exit number?

JMH
Bahaha...emo kid.

I'll be there. My car is available for use as a shuttle, albeit probably not a good one. Meaning, last resort type thing. :cool:

-nate

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mtbbrian said:
I think I have done this trail!
Although it sounds like, thanks you Kris and everyone else at Go Ride, it is much more of a trail than it was when I rode it.
Thanks Kris!
Brian
:thumbsup:
Well... it's mostly a trail...bring a long sleeve jersey and some eyewear! He He

You've only done this trail if i or one of my close friends took you on it. The entrance is sorta hidden so you wouldn't just stumble on it.

·
I Just Ride....
913 Posts
Well... it's mostly a trail...bring a long sleeve jersey and some eyewear! He He

You've only done this trail if i or one of my close friends took you on it. The entrance is sorta hidden so you wouldn't just stumble on it.
Well, I have done it with Rob, Jeff(Food) and Bryan(sprungshoulders).
It sure sounds like the same trail.
Brian

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We got shuttle space! Just meet us at the top and i will get you back to your car.

It's really not that gnarly other than lots of trialsy log overs. I allways run clips there.

Hey! it's wednesday! it's on tonight!
See ya up there all!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks Krispy! That was one rad trail. And I use the term "trail" loosely.
It was cool being the first 29er down it. ;) Post up when you guys do it again.

Oh here is a pretty bad cell phone vid of the Anastasi Bridge.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.