Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the headtube on the old bruja honed out to accept a deep cup headset? I need to order one for another bike and if the witch can handle one I'd like to take a little insurance on the old girl and get 2.
thanks

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
I believe the standard facing was done on my frame. I'm running a Standard King with no issues. (6 years on counting.)

-Aaron

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i've been running a cane creek with no issues but was ordering a 22mm pig for a nicolai as they require a deep cup for their warranty. if one would fit in the bruja i figure it couldn't hurt to prevent any unlikely ovalization.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
super moto-la bruja

hello there,
i noticed you've also got a Titus super moto. how do like that frame in comparison to the bruja? you use the two for different type trails or just switch back & forth between the two?
i've been on my bruja for only about 8 months & am just super happy w/ it. always thought the super moto would be fine ride also. there can't be too many people like yourself w/ both. lucky devil.really like to hear what you think.
later-norman

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nhodge said:
always thought the super moto would be fine ride also. there can't be too many people like yourself w/ both. lucky devil.really like to hear what you think.
later-norman
Hey Norman, I'm definitely lucky or insane for having both and they are great bikes setup to attack different trails. I will try to write a comparison this weekend as I just got home from a 12 hour day and its time to find some food. But the Supermoto is setup with 7" front and back and is my go big bike. I bought the La Bruja after doing a dh run that required a 3 hour climb first and decided that it might be too much for days with so much climbing. The Bruja is set with 6" front and back and is preferred on days with more climbing or when shuttling is not an option. The Supermoto does climb well but at 38-41lbs it can be a struggle at times. Both have there strong points and I will try to go into detail with pics a bit later.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
2nd step

to ride, ride, ride & ride some more...keep that addiction well funded & happy yee will be:p

i'm waiting for the long version of the bruja/supermoto comparison. you're killing me.:madman:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.