giddy up!
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Squalor
1,573 Posts
B -

I've seen this little rack too. I think it might be nice for a cross bike, but remember that it is really made for road bikes that usually have a much shorter a-c fork than our 29ers.

I am not sure of the mounting hardware, but it seems like there could be fit troubles with the longer 29er forks (that little hole in the fork being much higher and all).

For light loads, I am using my little Nitto rear rack that attaches to the seatpost and then the seatstays (I think I posted a picture somewhere of it on my CrossCheck). It works good, is pretty light and has a HUGE range of adjustability - a little pricey though...

If you get the Nashbar front dealie, let us know how it works out. Heck for $13 you might as well get it for the Knobby X.

LP

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lanpope said:
B -

I've seen this little rack too. I think it might be nice for a cross bike, but remember that it is really made for road bikes that usually have a much shorter a-c fork than our 29ers.

I am not sure of the mounting hardware, but it seems like there could be fit troubles with the longer 29er forks (that little hole in the fork being much higher and all).

For light loads, I am using my little Nitto rear rack that attaches to the seatpost and then the seatstays (I think I posted a picture somewhere of it on my CrossCheck). It works good, is pretty light and has a HUGE range of adjustability - a little pricey though...

If you get the Nashbar front dealie, let us know how it works out. Heck for $13 you might as well get it for the Knobby X.

LP
I've got one here in my hands:)

It appears that it will line up nicely on a Karate Monkey fork...but I have yet to actually bolt it up. But...preliminary fiddling seems to indicate that it'll fit:)

It'll either find a home on the Knobby-X or the Voodoo in conjunction with the OMM rear rack.

B

·
Where's Toto?
1,188 Posts
Somewhere I saw one of the little Nitto racks with a basket mounted on it. Kent Peterson uses one of those little Tupperware boxes mounted to his rear rack (see below and at Kent Peterson's blog http://kentsbike.blogspot.com/). Guess it depends how the 12 pack is packaged - but I'm thinking Tupperware, 6 pack and ice to go.

:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lanpope said:
B -

LP
Confirmed.

The Nashbar rack fits a KM fork with no major hassles. It's basicallt a bolt and go. Once the hardware is in the you have the hardware adjusted properly it's a 5 minute process to install/remove.

It feels pretty sturdy....it definitely seems sturdy enough for a 2-3 pound sleeping bag or bivy...which is probably what I'll use it for. I have an OMM rack on the back for heavier items.

I'll report back after next weekend....I plan to get some use out of it friday/saturday night.

B

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.