Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FOR SALE: 2020 Pivot Switchblade size L (Race XT build) $4,450

I'm buying a new bike so unfortunately the Switchblade has to go. Wish I could afford both but I can't.

I bought it in January from Rocktown Bikes in Harrisonburg, VA. Have put about 500 miles on it. There are some scratches from normal riding otherwise it's in great shape. It is stock except for the tires. I have a 2.6 Butcher up front and a faster rolling 2.6 Ground Control on the back. Love the way they feel on our local trails. Both have the GRIP casing.I also have a NIB 30T RaceFace chainring if you want it. It has the stock 32T installed. Brand new XTR metallic brake pads will be installed this weekend.

Willing to deliver within a couple hours of Charlottesville or will ship nationally at buyers expense. If you are in the area please contact me and you can come look at it in person. If you want specific close up pictures of any area of the bike or want to FaceTime/Zoom just let me know.

Cheers,

Sean

Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Land vehicle Tire Wheel

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
29?
Can you ship no problem?
Hi Tpass,

Yes. My local shop Blue Wheel in C-Ville, VA said they have used and trust bikeflights.com so that's how I would ship it. I'll box it up using a bike box from the shop. I've shipped my own bikes to Oregon for touring before so I know how to do it. bikeflights.com also offers you the option to insure the bike up to the full amount in $1000 increments.

VA to CO was about $130. Insurance up to $5000 was an extra $76 so you'd be looking at adding about $200 to ship it. I'm happy to use any carrier you wish since you'd be paying for the shipping.

I took more photos and this set shows you every blemish on the bike no matter how small. If there isn't a photo consider the frame and parts as new or without a scratch. The drivetrain is as clean as I could get it after the last washing and the fork and shock have been lubed. Shifts smooth as butter and it's a very quiet bike when climbing and descending.

My shop also looked it over and the frame is free of cracks and/or any other damage other than the scratches.

You can buy with confidence. Think it over and let me know. I am showing it to someone on Sunday. Have to drive up to DC to show it but my folks live there so it isn't problem. Just letting you know up front. They could easily no show or look at it and change their mind but they say they want to buy it. However, they haven't paid me any money yet and until someone pays me then it's still available.

Hope that helps your decision making process. Feel free to ask me anything about the bike, how I ride, where I ride etc. I'll do my best to reply promptly. You can also View my posts on mtbr.com from right after I bought the bike which detail my thoughts on how it climbs, descends etc... That thread is like 25 pages long and it's all about people talking about their Switchblade. That thread helped me buy this bike.

I want to start racing more enduros and want a longer, slacker bike which is why I'm buying a Specialized Enduro. It's not that you can't race enduros on the Switchblade but I just want something ultra plush. I know I will lose the climbing prowess of the Switchblade but I will gain an edge while descending and that's what I want to focus on right now. Might change my mind next year but that's where I'm at now.

Cheers,

Sean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.