Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
The medicine carrier ought to be exclusive to fully rigid single speeders, they legitimately can use a little pain relief during and post ride. ;) But hey, it looks great.

_MK

·
Registered
485 Posts
Aquaholic said:
Now, I don't have to wait until I get home to take my "medicine".
What do you think of that rear tire? Its a Larsen TT, right? I've got one sitting around, but have been reluctant to try it as a rear tire. The ramped knobs seem like it would make it poor for climing/driving or braking, depending on the direction you mount it. Does yours hookup ok on steep, loose climbs?

My flask doesn't fit in my cage very securely... time for some modifications...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Aquaholic said:
Now, I don't have to wait until I get home to take my "medicine".
Are those flask, holder and bolts Ti I hope Aquaboy?

and if so, please post weights!

·
Sponsored by Xanax
358 Posts
If this were a road forum, you'd have a bunch of nancies complaining about how irresponsible this thread, and how you're glorifying alcohol use, blah blah ad nauseum.

But Homers know better.

That Maverick looks incredible on the front end of yer bikey. Hope it rides as good as it appears.

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
justen said:
What do you think of that rear tire? Its a Larsen TT, right? I've got one sitting around, but have been reluctant to try it as a rear tire. The ramped knobs seem like it would make it poor for climing/driving or braking, depending on the direction you mount it. Does yours hookup ok on steep, loose climbs?

My flask doesn't fit in my cage very securely... time for some modifications...
Hey, that leather flask holder looks cool!

The Larsen TT is my "Go to" tire. I keep going back to it after trying other brands. I run the 2.35 version and the steel belt seems to be preferable to avoiding pinch flats. The Kevlar version saves 80 grams I think. AT first glance, it looks like it wouldn't work all that well. But, think of it as a centipede with millions of feet as oppsosed to an insect with 6 large ones and you get the idea.

The caveat is that when the knobs begin to get any amount of wear, climbing traction goes completely away. I've never run it backwards, but some peeps prefer it that way.

For SoCal DG (decomposed granite), I totally dig it!

OZLO..the flask and holder is from WebCyclery.

It works well, but I need to figure out how to rig up a camelback hose to it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.