Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several. In my line if work, it's good to carry a knife. Heavy construction engineer.

My my latest is GiantMouse Ace Biblio. Hard hard steel. I had to use diamonds (stones) to hone it.
Summer time I usually carry a Swiss Army knife. For the bottle opener :)
Lets see them.

Attachments

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,610 Posts
My knives are too big and/or dangerous to carry in my pockets. So, in my kitchen butcher block knife holder is where they reside. I do have some nice Japanese folded steel santokus which I am quite proud of, along with a couple nice chopping cleavers. Then there’s the cheap-ass ($9 each) made in China ceramic knives which are quite versatile and hold their edge for a long time.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
My knives are too big and/or dangerous to carry in my pockets. So, in my kitchen butcher block knife holder is where they reside. I do have some nice Japanese folded steel santokus which I am quite proud of, along with a couple nice chopping cleavers. Then there's the cheap-ass ($9 each) made in China ceramic knives which are quite versatile and hold their edge for a long time.
The butcher block is indeed a good place for those scalpel-edged tools. And, lest we forget, "friends don't let friends slice carrots at their house with their really really sharp Japanese kitchen knives".
Please don't ask me how I know this to be true.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
I carry two mini-tools in my front pockets- One's a Leatherman and the other a Gerber. I've got them on a splitter thingy so my keys won't be too heavy for the ignition.

Also wear a full-size Leatherman on my belt for work, but it's off undergoing warranty work. Now that I don't have it, I miss the damn thing! *sniff*

Blue Liquid Electric blue Azure Aqua

Space Silver Water transportation Blade

And yes, I keep them closed while in my pockets, smartass.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My knives are too big and/or dangerous to carry in my pockets. So, in my kitchen butcher block knife holder is where they reside. I do have some nice Japanese folded steel santokus which I am quite proud of, along with a couple nice chopping cleavers. Then there's the cheap-ass ($9 each) made in China ceramic knives which are quite versatile and hold their edge for a long time.
By definition; those wouldn't be pocket knives now would they? Knives - yes. pocket knives - no. Unless you have badass pockets.

hyjacking my own thread, I have two awesome cheap Chinese cleavers. But they are for some other thread.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.