Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assuming money no object, something you could try out, break possibly and go back to whatever you used before. Feeling just a little tipsy after looking at the new ExtraLite V-brake images and interested in some more p*rn ideas.

For me it would be either BTP der and a ax or schomoke (sp) seatpost

thinking these brakes would be helpful also!!! 99g?

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Money no object?

One of the Euro Linkage forks. Around 3 pounds in weight and 3 inches of travel with disc brake mounts. The shocks are more advanced than the Amp F-4, and was able to be used for modern disc brakes. Problem is with the exchange rate, and lack of feedback on 'em makes it a very hard sell at the current prices.

Other parts I'd like to try are Tune Hubs, Cranks, and Chainrings. Also the Extralite offerings - Cassettes, Hubs, Cranks, Rings. Also Stans AL rotors.

Any other lightweight 3" fork too. I like the feel of the 'Zocci Marathon, but the weight - uugghh! Only problem is I don't know if there's a better, lighter, and reasonably priced fork for a 200 pound rider. Maybe the new R7 from Manitou might be a contener. Depends on if it comes in near target weight.

JmZ

Slobberdoggy said:
Assuming money no object, something you could try out, break possibly and go back to whatever you used before. Feeling just a little tipsy after looking at the new ExtraLite V-brake images and interested in some more p*rn ideas.

For me it would be either BTP der and a ax or schomoke (sp) seatpost

thinking these brakes would be helpful also!!! 99g?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.