Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering getting an SS Inbred while they still have their sale going on (which ends on Saturday), but I've never ordered a bike I haven't ridden. I'm most worried about the sizing issue, especially since their geometry is pretty non-standard.

I'm 5'11" with a 33" inseam. To anyone who has one, do you think I should go for the 18" or the 20"? I'm specifically worried about running a ridiculous amount of seatpost and thus killing my neck from the height difference between the seat and the bar.

Thanks!
matt

·
Registered
605 Posts
homestar said:
I'm considering getting an SS Inbred while they still have their sale going on (which ends on Saturday), but I've never ordered a bike I haven't ridden. I'm most worried about the sizing issue, especially since their geometry is pretty non-standard.
I'm just about the same height and inseam and I ordered the large (20") frame. Seems to have worked out pretty dang good for me.

·
Registered
553 Posts
homestar said:

I'm 5'11" with a 33" inseam. To anyone who has one, do you think I should go for the 18" or the 20"? I'm specifically worried about running a ridiculous amount of seatpost and thus killing my neck from the height difference between the seat and the bar.

Thanks!
matt
I am just about the same size as you. 6' tall with a 33" inseam and long arms. I e-mailes Brant a while back about a used 20" frame I was considering and this was his response:

The 20in will be fine. Sometimes people prefer the 18in at
your height, but for singlespeed for some reason, I prefer a
larger frame.

I hope this helps.

GF

·
Let me ask my wife
358 Posts
I'm 5'11" with a 32" inseam and longer arms and loved the 18. Handled very tight.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Rocket Reducer No. 62 said:
I'm 6'1" with a 34" inseam and the 20" is fine. If you want the front end up without stacks of spacers, go with the 20".

I wouldn't mind a taller head tube on mine to be honest.
i am 6' with 34" inseam and i ride a 18" with 90mm stem
i have spacers for 2cm (0,78") under the stem and i run a planetx bar with 1,5" rise
it ride and looks fine

·
Registered
151 Posts
Milk of SS-Italy said:
i am 6' with 34" inseam and i ride a 18" with 90mm stem
i have spacers for 2cm (0,78") under the stem and i run a planetx bar with 1,5" rise
it ride and looks fine
Yeah, it works great with risers. I was just having problems getting my H-bars up high enough with the rigid fork without resorting to goofy looking periscope stems. :)

·
Expert Pushing SSer
1,503 Posts
homestar said:

Thanks!
matt
Go with the 20". They have a relatively short HT. I was reached over a bit and I am about spot on with your proportions.

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.