Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
It'll be a few weeks, but I'll be posting a review when my X-6 arrives. 5- 6 rocker/ DHX/Marz Z150FR/HD Swingarm. Be happy to post BB height and the geometry in different configurations: 5 rear/ 6 front, 6/6, etc.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Riding impressions......I will never sell this bike!!! And that means a lot coming from me; somebody who never keeps any bike part for long.

Granted my configuration is a bit different, I very roughly measured it with the fork (Marz All Mountain 1) in 130mm mode and the bottom bracket height was a smidgen more than 13.5". With the fork set to 150mm mode, it measured approx. 13 7/8". My rear shock is the Romic and not DHX.

I also highly recommend the stainless steel pivot for the main pivot. I had chronic loosening problems until I put this in....perhaps coincidence, but why not?

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
As soon as my build arrives, I'll do the same...

X-5 19in.
5/6 rocker
Marz All Mountain
Fox DHX 5

First time Ventana owner, so I'm stoked to ride. Ridden everything else though...Trek, Specialized, Canondale - no more patience left.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Celt said:
As soon as my build arrives, I'll do the same...

X-5 19in.
5/6 rocker
Marz All Mountain
Fox DHX 5

First time Ventana owner, so I'm stoked to ride. Ridden everything else though...Trek, Specialized, Canondale - no more patience left.
good for you! Ventana is definitely where it is at. You will be very happy.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Asked Lee for some numbers, got this response:

"With it set @ 6/6 it's slightly less than 68 with full fork extension and around 69 with the ETA engaged (that is without a body in the saddle). It is slack, slack, slack when you are sitting on it and even slacker when it is in the five inch rear setting."

My bike should ship a week from today, and it'll be a few weeks of riding before I am ready to give any impressions, but I am really looking forward to all the different geometry options I have to suit the varied trails here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.