Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
I was planning on being there until I got sick in colorado this past week. A nice hospital stay and one blood clot in the lung later I don't think I'll be in race shape in three weeks. I'm going to see if I can defer my entry until next year when I can throw down again. Good luck to all that go - it's a great course - one that I'm very sad I won't be rolling on soon.

·
Registered
140 Posts
B'ham, AL is about to take over North GA. By my count we've got 12 confirmed and a few others on the fence.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've training hard for this race until a couple of days ago when my wife "reminded" me of our 6th anniversary. She doesn't care much for mtn biking and i don't want to sleep in the garage w/ the dogs. Good luck and enjoy the race. It's tough course, particularly at the climb at Bull Mountain and Black Range.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Augusta, GA will be representing too, we've got at least 6 coming, maybe a few more I don't know about.

I did this race in '08, my first real endurance race...I learned a lot. I learned things like:
-3 gels isn't enough fuel
-you need to drink more than plain water

I finished in 6.5hrs hoping to do better this time around

·
Registered
348 Posts
dgaddis1 said:
Augusta, GA will be representing too, we've got at least 6 coming, maybe a few more I don't know about.

I did this race in '08, my first real endurance race...I learned a lot. I learned things like:
-3 gels isn't enough fuel
-you need to drink more than plain water

I finished in 6.5hrs hoping to do better this time around
You did 100mi in 6.5hr? Wow, you're fast. Some of those climbs are killing me on my SS

·
Registered
348 Posts
Wow, he's fast. My goal was under 5 hr on the SS but now i'd never know. I'll pre-ride the course this Sunday.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Anyone wanna sell me their registration???

I just realized it closed on Monday. I was planning to do the 50 on my single speed.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm glad I raced but that SUCKED!!! It was pretty much non-stop rain for the entire race. I think its gonna cost about $500 to get my rig back up and running.

I did learn some interesting braking techniques from a few folks out there.

·
Registered
140 Posts
After getting home and having to carrying my bike inside b/c it won't roll, I'm thinking a DNF would have been a good idea.

Did anyone have brakes that worked all day?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
To say that it sucked is putting it nicely. My rear tire's sidewall blew out at 35 miles and I was grateful for an excuse to DNF. I was in one of the cabins Friday night and when it started pouring down rain at midnight, I knew we were in for a long day. The mud and all the hike a bike stuff on Bull Mtn. just sucked the life out of me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts