Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
What It Be ?
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some advice on the area around Fontana. I'm down in Mississippi and a buddy of mine is up in Virginia. We are looking for a biking vacation about halfway and I remberd Tsali is about 1/2 way. How is the camping and all that up there located near the trails? What trails would you reccomnd. Also what is the weather like up there in October? We don't have weather down here in Mississippi. Thanks.

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
You can camp in tsali and ride from your campsite. Weather is colder in october. Very posible to have freezing temps overnight in late october. Mostly its high 60's during the day and mid 40's at night. If it rains you will be very cold and wet. No rain and the weather will be fantastic for riding.

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
What happened to fall? There is a gathering in Pisgah this fall. People come from all over for these gatherings. It will be at the white pines group campground in the Pisgah Ranger district. Everybody camps, and rides and has a great time. There is a post about it somewhere on this board. Just scroll down or do a search for Fall Gathering.

The Tsali trails are smooth fast single track. Pisgah Ranger District trails are more rugged, extreme and back country in nature.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.