Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Alive and Lurkin'
597 Posts
Ok so the race starts off in the parking lot, then to a hike-a-bike, where u then have wait your turn like at an entrance ramp to the freeway during rush hour, through some chunk, pedaling out of a ditch, and finishing at another parking lot....sweet!

·
Registered
197 Posts
How many can go?I'm trying to get to a race in Washington that next week,but it ain't looking promising.So I may hold out to last minute .
Fontana would be a great place to get my ass kicked,which is why I've never raced there.Dosent really play to my strong points,whatever those are--pedaling ain't one of'em.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I'll be at the Speedway doing FMX demos at the Neckcar races that weekend.
Not sure how that will impact hotels etc (I will be okay-got a place). Kind of sucks that they are doing a XC race that weekend too as I was going ot bring my bike and get a ride in on Firday or daturday afternoon. Have fun!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Watching that Beginner course makes me wonder where Id fit in. Most of the regular trails we all ride seem to be tougher than that. Im definitely planning to do a Super D or two in the next year. Do they have requirements on bike setup? Duals necessary? Maybe Ill have to finally get off my work schedule and go chase the guys down somo...

·
Shred...it's the new drug
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Scary...we've got room for a bunch more. If we get 6 or more we'll take the van if not, we'll take swampy's sweet ride. SHNIPE...they let you run what you brung. Some fast dudes on trail bikes. Dudes with doubles just need an excuse to ride them. The guy that got second at bootleg rode a trail bike...

·
Registered
774 Posts
The pedal section at Fontana is not as bad as it looks. Its maybe for like 40 seconds of the 2.5 - 3.5 min run, but its slightly downhill so it helps. Its mainly all about keeping a consistant flow through the DH and hammering the flat, the people that wad up or get shitty times are the ones trying pin it the whole time.
Bob, I'll be up there that weekend. We should hit up that place I was telling you about at least once after practice on Saturday. It's about 30min to an hour away from Fontana and SICK!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I am down for some afternoon fun rides Thu/Fri/Sat or even night- pm me here.

EDIT: After watching the beginner/sport vid- I might see if I can find the time to sneak out and run that. I just need to pop on some beefier tires and a bigger gear on the SS. Not thinking I would win, but it would be fun. Hmmmmm....

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I am loading out the new DJ for sure and might bring the SS for some fun. A lot of business this weekend with our major sponsors located nearby- so that means free expensive dinners (nice) and probably little riding (not so nice- but I will eat something expensive to make up for it). Have fun out there and who knows?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.