Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vaginatarian
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
eh

maybe 4.5 out of 10

they never got the thaw yesterday so allot of trees and branches drooping over the trails, trails covered in ice chunks, puddles frozen on top but wet under

dont need studs, but they weren't a hindrance either

Yudicky & HP might be better as we had a quick thaw yesterday and the tree ice is gone

Attachments

·
customized
3,123 Posts
Bear Brook is about a 2. Shiat bombed. There are trails that the small trees are all bowed down into the trail. Broken limbs everywhere. It seemed that every trail is ice shards froze together. By Monday, it will be much better.

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,969 Posts
The pole lines are the best places to ride right now. I'm not sure if I've seen them better. Perhaps another warm/freeze would make them better, but right now that is the place to be.
Fast, smooth, and no ice heavy branches. Tomorrow will get that ice off, but I gotta feeling that there will be a ton of work to be done on the trails to make them flow again.

·
Go Bruins!
587 Posts
Cleanup is already underway at Fort Rock. I went out today. The newest trail on the northern most side of the trail system is completely free of debris. Far right on the powerlines toward captains way is pretty clean. BLT looks like a bomb went off. I did see signs of chainsaws already being out and I saw a guy out riding that said the oakland-henderson side was somewhat cleaned and that he is going out tomorrow with his chainsaw. I just did a small 90 minute ride because of this:

Anyone who knows the system well might get a kick out of this little tid bit. I took a nice spill today that happened in slow motion. I was cruising past the camel humps heading for the tunnel when I started crossing that little bridge just past the humps. Hit the bridge kind of awkward because of the speed and ice and the rear tire came out hard just as the front hit the other side of the bridge. I went down on my left side and then in slow motion slid on the ice down the small embankment across the marsh ice. Then a second later my left hand and left foot went into the ice as I quickly tried to get out of there. It was a little cold and foul smelling, but it wasn't too bad. I was parked on the oakland side and quickly headed back to the car. Luckily, I always bring a lot of spare clothing with me and was able to change when I got to the car. Anyways, a bit of an adventure out there right now. I also had one snare fly up when I rolled over a bunch of branches and it let loose and clipped the visor of my helmet. That was a close one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.