Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yellow Text Photograph Line Font

We've got a chance to give some much needed love to Salmon Falls/Darrington, and Granite Bay Trails.

We've got 3 days lined up, so please rsvp for the day(s) you can come out. We'll be focusing efforts on brushing the trail corridor, cutting back the overgrowth from the late rains we've had this spring, so you know theres going to be lots to do! Hope to see ya there :thumbsup:

***IF you or anyone you know might be qualified to survey the trail in the days prior to the workdays for bird nests, we need that to happen prior to proceeding, please let us know!***

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Check fatrac social media if you can come out and help for a few hours on Salmon Falls THIS Thursday morning anytime between 9-noon

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just a casual observation from someone who has a bit of experience in such things. Has anyone given any consideration as to why this has to be so cryptic and hard to volunteer for.

Give me the dates and times here, don’t make me go to Facebook or some website to try and figure out when the dates are and whether I’m welcome on the date that works for me, don’t make me take the time RSVP for something that I would like to do.

I’ve done a ton of trailwork in my life, I’m at a stage in my life where I would like to do it again. My past is with FATRAC but to tell you the truth my last few years of trailwork have been with organizations that make it easier to volunteer my limited time.

Just wondering...,..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
mtb'er
4,295 Posts
Just a casual observation from someone who has a bit of experience in such things. Has anyone given any consideration as to why this has to be so cryptic and hard to volunteer for.

Give me the dates and times here, don't make me go to Facebook or some website to try and figure out when the dates are and whether I'm welcome on the date that works for me, don't make me take the time RSVP for something that I would like to do.

I've done a ton of trailwork in my life, I'm at a stage in my life where I would like to do it again. My past is with FATRAC but to tell you the truth my last few years of trailwork have been with organizations that make it easier to volunteer my limited time.

Just wondering...,..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hear ya. Its also a symptom of FLSRA's ineptitude. They keep moving the target. Trail work is on... oh, no it isn't. Didn't get tribal sign off. (I'm not kidding). Pull scotch broom. Don't pull scotch broom. The biologist you found that volunteered her time to survey the 8 miles of trail didn't check all the boxes... sorry, no trailwork allowed tomorrow.

Tomorrow morning, 6/20 at 9am at Darrington parking lot, I suspect I will be the only volunteer there. If someone from State Parks tells me I cannot use an electric pole hedger to brush the first mile of Darrington, I will likely leave and tell that person to do the work him/herself.

It has been REALLY difficult to volunteer in FLSRA and ASRA as an organization. We are Charlie Brown. State Parks is Lucy. The football is trail work. BLM (Cronan Ranch/SFART) is easier to work with, but they have a trail crew that handles a lot of the upkeep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.