Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an attempt to make the most of the non-rain, I went out to my favorite trails. The Folsom Bluffs! Sure, it was a bit rainy, but my whole ride went perfect.
I would kinda like someone near me to ride with. I'm no beginner, but I'd like someone to show me how to do this and that and the next thing properly. In exchange, I'll show you some amazing trails! They're all single track. There's a total of 3.8 miles of single track, and about half a mile of fire road. You must walk your bike up about 300 yards. The rest is pure riding fun!

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AK47 said:
Becareful riding out there as the dirt trails along the American River Bike Trail are not bike legal. Otherwise, have fun!
Rodger that.
But are you sure? In the Rollingwood entrances I go through to get there, it says "No motor vehicles allowed, dogs must be on leash..." Nothing about bikes, from what I remember.
Your word has been heeded, though. I'm sure I'll be fine; there's no where for a park ranger's car to go through, and those lazies won't wanna walk to chase a fast moving biker from experience.

·
Air Pirate
2,037 Posts
The dirt road and trails on the N/NW side of the river are designated horse and hiker only if it is in Folsom SRA controlled areas, which pretty much is the whole area that is not already developed with homes in the section of river between Lake Natoma and Folsom Lake. The only legal area to ride a bike there is the paved bike path.

·
The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
3,808 Posts
Bokchoicowboy said:
The dirt road and trails on the N/NW side of the river are designated horse and hiker only if it is in Folsom SRA controlled areas, which pretty much is the whole area that is not already developed with homes in the section of river between Lake Natoma and Folsom Lake. The only legal area to ride a bike there is the paved bike path.
So this is a horse/hiker trail not a mtn biker trail?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
:

Rodger that.
But are you sure? In the Rollingwood entrances I go through to get there, it says "No motor vehicles allowed, dogs must be on leash..." Nothing about bikes, from what I remember.
Your word has been heeded, though. I'm sure I'll be fine; there's no where for a park ranger's car to go through, and those lazies won't wanna walk to chase a fast moving biker from experience.

The problem with that is those of us who have advocated for legal use of that side of the lake are generally hit with the " you've shown no respect for park rules up till now, why should we give access to you."

Makes it hard to argue on any other point than " if we had more access we would not be on illegal trails"...... I think we all know there is more to it than that.

Lack of proper signage unfortunately is not an excuse for not knowing the rules, but it does make it a lot harder to know them as well. I know that the trails are illegal, but in my searching I could not find anything on the Folsom SRA website that gave any trail designations for any trails. Not judging, just glad you now have the proper info. to make a decision.

·
The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
3,808 Posts
Konkordmusk said:
Rodger that.
You must have not seen the Rangers that ride enduro motorcycles then......they partol bike trail daily on those things.......I've seen them at dusk.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
mtnbiker4life said:
You must have not seen the Rangers that ride enduro motorcycles then......they partol bike trail daily on those things.......I've seen them at dusk.
I've never seen Rangers on enduros, but I have seen sheriff deputies on enduros.
Over on the fireroad near Granite Bay.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sean Allan said:
: The problem with that is those of us who have advocated for legal use of that side of the lake are generally hit with the " you've shown no respect for park rules up till now, why should we give access to you."

Makes it hard to argue on any other point than " if we had more access we would not be on illegal trails"...... I think we all know there is more to it than that.

Lack of proper signage unfortunately is not an excuse for not knowing the rules, but it does make it a lot harder to know them as well. I know that the trails are illegal, but in my searching I could not find anything on the Folsom SRA website that gave any trail designations for any trails. Not judging, just glad you now have the proper info. to make a decision.
Is there anywhere I can pick up a book(let) of rules for this area?
Also, what can I do to help allows bikers on these trails? I've been riding them since I was wayy young, at least 8 years ago.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Konkordmusk said:
Not even close to where I'm talking about. But yeah, over by Granite bay I've seen the sheriff deputies too.
I know where you are talking about, and yes, by motorcycle, it is close. Watch your ass.

Hell, its even close by mountain bike. Fun way to spend an afternnoon - ride the Natomas Loop and then ride up into Granite Bay.:thumbsup:

·
Air Pirate
2,037 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.