Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this can happen any time of the year, but my glasses seem to fog-up easier now that the temp's dropped. Generally, as long as I'm riding along there's not a problem. But after I stop, my glasses tend to fog up and/or sweat drips down onto my lenses. Wiping them w/ my jersey is a pretty futile effort as the material just smears the moisture around.
Anyone got any tips as far as prevention or remedies?

·
wot no bike?
1,056 Posts
Buy a bottle of Fog-X (same company that makes Rain-X) from the auto store. It's primarily meant to prevent fogging of the interior windows but I've been using it on cycling glasses and motorcycle visors for years, works great. And keep a folded up paper towel in your jersey pocket.

·
Super Moderator
6,809 Posts
The eyeballs emit alot of moisture when cold, and when they are wind-blown. The further the shades are away from your face.....the fog goes away.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I have never tried applying something to ny Oakleys, perhaps it works. I have also noticed that if you get a good pair of glasses that let airflow in, it keeps fogging to a minimum. Also make sure you are not bundling-up your face too much. This will also cause fogging.

·
Old man on a bike
12,397 Posts
pahearn said:
Buy a bottle of Fog-X (same company that makes Rain-X) from the auto store. It's primarily meant to prevent fogging of the interior windows but I've been using it on cycling glasses and motorcycle visors for years, works great. And keep a folded up paper towel in your jersey pocket.
Don't use a paper towel or other kinds of paper on your lenses, too abrasive. Get a lens cloth or one of those nice microfiber bags that come with nice glasses, and put it in a plastic bag so if you need it it's dry...

The old trick of spit on the lenses might work...and it's free!

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bikinfoolferlife said:
The old trick of spit on the lenses might work...and it's free!
i've done done that diving and snowboarding - works great!
didn't help w/ me specs. while ridin'.
i'm intrigued w/ fog-x....i gotta get some...in the mean time...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.