Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Addicted
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a customer of mine got his new RS7 a couple weeks before christmas and before he picked it up I grabbed some quick shots of the frame.
The RS7's haven't shipped yet, but they'll be out within a few weeks, I believe they were waiting to be painted.

The frame has since been painted a flashy orange to match the rest of the Foes in their stable. If anyone was at sea otter this year and saw the orange 2008 Foes 4x and 2008 Fly, it's the same orange(owned by the same guy).

Ride reviews= amazing!

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Wow!

Mr Foes sure got his money out of the hydroforming machine on that model!
bmxconvert said:
So a customer of mine got his new RS7 a couple weeks before christmas and before he picked it up I grabbed some quick shots of the frame.
The RS7's haven't shipped yet, but they'll be out within a few weeks, I believe they were waiting to be painted.

The frame has since been painted a flashy orange to match the rest of the Foes in their stable. If anyone was at sea otter this year and saw the orange 2008 Foes 4x and 2008 Fly, it's the same orange(owned by the same guy).

Ride reviews= amazing!

·
Registered
417 Posts
my DHS 2:1 is 47.5lbs....so far without the pedals, cranks, bb, bash ring, Foes chain guide, chain and X7 der......its 35lbs.

Race Face Atlas FR:828g (83mm version...my 68/73 should be a bit lighter)
Foes chain guide:149g
X7 der:240g
PC951 chain:297g
aircorp pedals: 500g
total:2014g=4.4lbs....39.4 lbs total weight(best guess so far)

·
Registered
417 Posts
san_andreas said:
Your Marzocchi broke 3 times already ?
yup, three times in the first 4 months.

all the problems were with the ATA cartridge. after the third time, they finally admitted there was a issue with a tolerance problem and put a new cartridge in there.....so far its been good since then

·
Registered
211 Posts
monocoque

slowrider said:
Mr Foes sure got his money out of the hydroforming machine on that model!
Actually looks like there is very little hydroforming on the frame it is mostly a monocoque design, where the pieces are just formed and then welded together. Foes have made a lot of there bikes this way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.