Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 80 of 695 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Which workstands are you using for your Mutz? The classic clamp-style like the ParkTool PCS-10 don't look suitable at first looks

·
Registered
87 Posts
Which workstands are you using for your Mutz? The classic clamp-style like the ParkTool PCS-10 don't look suitable at first looks
I have the pcs-10. It was the only one recommended. It's highly universal. If you have a work bench then obviously that may be the better option.

FK v11 typed with fat finger love

·
Registered
395 Posts
That green fork iz the shiz ! Did Foes powder coat the fork for you ? I just ordered the Candy Green over Silver Mutz and may want to do the fork after seeing how bad ass yours looks.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I would love to know what tire / rim combo's folks are running on their Mutz's.
Should that that be a new thread ? has anyone considered 27.5 plus sized tires ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I would love to know what tire / rim combo's folks are running on their Mutz's.
Should that that be a new thread ? has anyone considered 27.5 plus sized tires ?
65mm Marge lites. Vanhelgas. There are a few 26x3 I have considered.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I don't really have regrets I guess. Just my weight plus the bike I think is playing affect in my ability to climb on it. I think a lighter bike would be suit me I guess.

Together with my current ride (XL sized Mukluk), i probably am around 115kg. Comparing with the group (all are lighter and ride regular mtbs) I go riding with weekly, it is clearly not affecting me at all. Most of the offroad climbs i simply have better traction ... No idea on the weight difference until my Mutz finally arrives but I doubt it will affect much.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Together with my current ride (XL sized Mukluk), i probably am around 115kg. Comparing with the group (all are lighter and ride regular mtbs) I go riding with weekly, it is clearly not affecting me at all. Most of the offroad climbs i simply have better traction ... No idea on the weight difference until my Mutz finally arrives but I doubt it will affect much.
Fair enough. Maybe it's just in my head. Probably just need more cardio and stronger legs to make those climbs. I do run my rear in climb position when I climb. I'm actually running around 15 or 16 psi is both tires. So I get minimal Bob when I climb.

I'm running a 1x front crank. I do notice I have the traction. I wouldn't mind trying a skinnier tire in the same frame to see how I do personally. I definitely curious to see if there is any difference in your ride when you get the mutz in hand.

61 - 80 of 695 Posts