Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 40 of 695 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
ohhhhhh gosh, it's RAD. what size are you and the frame? I saw there is a frame on ebay right now. drool................. and you've got the right tires on it. ahhhhhhhh wonder if I can fit a medium.

·
Registered
87 Posts
ohhhhhh gosh, it's RAD. what size are you and the frame? I saw there is a frame on ebay right now. drool................. and you've got the right tires on it. ahhhhhhhh wonder if I can fit a medium.
The frame is a L. I am 5'11 is that helps. I am border M to L with the Mutz frame.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
105 Posts
The frame is a L. I am 5'11 is that helps. I am border M to L with the Mutz frame.

Hope this helps!
yes, thanks, that does help. 5'10 here and i'm always borderline M-L on bikes, but usually end up going L with a shorter stem and my monkey arms. did you have to order it from one of the US dealers? and they shipped it direct to your home?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is anyone planning on running their Mutz as a snow bike with a change of tires or wheels and tires?
I think I am at the sweet spot for a "year around" fattie with FS. I think the only thing I could do is grab some carbon rims, build those tubeless, keep my marge lites and add tubes for winter riding. I am enjoying these 45NRTH VH atm. Summer time I plan to ride these tires everywhere I go..

·
Registered
296 Posts
Is anyone planning on running their Mutz as a snow bike with a change of tires or wheels and tires?
for spring/summer/autumn seasons, I have a pair of vanhelga's that I will mount tubeless. But for winter time, I try to go a bit wider and hopefully 45nrth's new twin beists will fit on 80mm rims.

Sent from my SM-T905 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
for spring/summer/autumn seasons, I have a pair of vanhelga's that I will mount tubeless. But for winter time, I try to go a bit wider and hopefully 45nrth's new twin beists will fit on 80mm rims.

I plan this for a "year around" bike. I am running the marge lites with the 45NRTH VH's. I just took them out a few days ago in the snow, and they seemed just fine. I do want to grab some carbon rims and run those tubless for summer. I am running these VH's tubless right now. My LBS had an idea with the marge lites and a smaller tire for summer riding. I kind of want to ride this setup for all the seasons I can and see how I like it, or dislike it.

J

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have both 65mm and 80mm carbon rims available to test with the Vanhelgas but first i need to manage to order one and know the delivery-time....

·
Registered
296 Posts
Very happy with my purchase. Glad I went this route tbh.
I hope to finally have answers tomorrow so i can order.

Btw, does the seattube allow for dropper-post with internal cabling (reverb stealth or thomson covert dropper.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I hope to finally have answers tomorrow so i can order.

Btw, does the seattube allow for dropper-post with internal cabling (reverb stealth or thomson covert dropper.

Yes the frame supports a covert dropper. I might be able to answer other questions you have. My frame went to paint today.

21 - 40 of 695 Posts