Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am somewhat new to mountain biking and recently purchased the previous model (2017) Mixer to the HOF mixer. I can tell you that riding this Foes is some of the most fun I've had. The only limitation to the Mixer is me. At a few ticks above 30 lbs. fully dressed, this bike does climb, and climb well in tech sections. I am amazed every time I ride.

I was in the market for a trail/XC bike. Something that could perform well in all scenarios. Once I found out Foes was located in my area, I paid them a visit to just check out what they offered and then paid them for my first frame. Same day! Chris at Foes really understood what I wanted and helped me build my favorite toy. I got more than I bargained for. Could not be happier.

The frames Foes produces are mechanical art. I work in the labor trades and see a lot of quality craftsmanship. This is so much more. Go try a mixer!

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have a hall of fame edition on order. The frame was done a couple weeks ago, but there is a five week delay on the i9 wheelset. I'm looking at mid-July. They offered to change the wheels to Stans they have in stock, but I really want the i9s and plan to keep it for a while. I was also looking hard at Guerilla Gravity having ridden a few, but chose to stick with AL. My new bike will be #42 out of 50. As we all know, "42" is the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything. I can't wait.
You ever get your Mixer HOF? Curious to know what you think about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had my 2020 Mixer for about 6 months now. I came of the older Mixer Enduro. I rode the Foes Ridgeback in between bikes along with a Rocky Mountain 2020 Slayer. I have to say that out of all the bikes, this one is the most fun and versatile. It climbs great, descends amazing, and corners like its on rails. I liked it so much my wife is now on the same bike.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I have had my 2020 Mixer for about 6 months now. I came of the older Mixer Enduro. I rode the Foes Ridgeback in between bikes along with a Rocky Mountain 2020 Slayer. I have to say that out of all the bikes, this one is the most fun and versatile. It climbs great, descends amazing, and corners like its on rails. I liked it so much my wife is now on the same bike.
The 2020 is quite the looker too. A year ago I wouldn’t be asking this question, but can a water bottle fit where the the two bosses by the BB are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
You ever get your Mixer HOF? Curious to know what you think about it.
I got the bike in late August and rode a lot through September and October. Mostly trails in PA, DE, MD, VA, and WV, with one trip to Snowshoe bike park in WV. I hope to take it farther afield next fall, at least to Dupont/Pisgah in NC. The bike isn't much to look at with the battleship gray paint, but it works well. It's more bike than I really need and makes everything easier. I wish it was a little lighter, but it's competitive for an aluminum enduro bike. My observations of the frame/suspension design is that it just works well for its intended use and there isn't much to talk about.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts