Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Foes FXR and have been running it in the 5" travel setting. Are any of you running yours in the 5.75" - 6" setting? What are your impressions? Is it still as trail worthy in the longer travel setting?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
67degrees said:
I have a Foes FXR and have been running it in the 5" travel setting. Are any of you running yours in the 5.75" - 6" setting? What are your impressions? Is it still as trail worthy in the longer travel setting?
I have an 03' FXR. I ran it in the 5" mode when I first got it but switched to 5.75 pretty quickly. I think it rides just as well in the long travel setting but you will need a stiffer spring. I needed a 350 lb spring for the 5" setting but use a 400 lb spring for 5.75.

·
Banned
913 Posts
longer setting

I never rode mine in the 5" setting, so I don't know how that would feel. You should set it to the lonnger setting, and try it out. I feel that mine climbs well, as it totally nimble.

Try it out!

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
I've always run mine in the 5" mode but tried it a few times in the longer setting but with the 5" spring, it has a more plush feel for sure and the BB clearance was nice over the rocks, didn't pedal as well but that could be due to the spring. I'm rebuilding mine with beefier components and 6" fork so I will run it in the longer setting in the back, I will need to get a stiffer spring so I'm gonna sell the Ti 450lb spring if anyone is interested, $100.

·
Registered
182 Posts
it depends on whether you like a stiffer spring rate or not. if you like the spring rate in the 5" setting, it's not going to make that much difference if you switch to the longer travel setting and get a heavier spring. if the 5" setting feels too stiff for the spring that corresponds with your weight, run it in the 5.75" setting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.