Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm considering a Foes FXR 4X bike set up with Fox float and triple rings. My first Foes. The reason I decided for go for the 4X over the FXR trail was because it's burly and short travelled. According to Foes, the weight of the frame is 7.5lb including Ti Curnutt. However, I would like to ask some questions.

Firstly, what colour is the steel spring? Is it red? Also, is a Tituanium spring justified, especially $200 more than steel?

Secondly, since I want the bike to be set up with a triple ring and front gear, can anyone suggest a good crankset with a BB for an FXR?

Thirdly, could anyone hint if the 4X frame will change for 2007? Since it was re-designed for 2006, I presume it would remain unchanged for 07.

Any tips or advise would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I didn't konw the 4x was any burlier than the standard fxr. I thought it was just shorter
and less travel. Anyway, I got a steel spring by accident and it was red. The ti springs
appear to be raw ti. Is ti justified? I doubt it. 200.oo seems high. Of course I had to have one.:nono: I run a saint crankset on my fxr and it seems to work well. I have seen many different cranksets use though. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pumpkinbiter said:
I didn't konw the 4x was any burlier than the standard fxr. I thought it was just shorter.
Well, Foes said the frame was more designed for 4X, DS, Dirt jumping and All Mountain etc... Whereas the FXR trail is more suited to XC or trail. I'm not keen on 6'' of travel (more than what I need for my terrian) and would rather have short travellled 4'' frame.

Oh, since you said Saints, I want to be able to run a triple ring set up, either Shimano XT, Hone or Raceface XC, do you know what BB length I need? 68 x 113 mm?

Lastly, I'm considering buying it from Go-Ride, do you know if I will qualify for the In-Store credit as an international customer?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Additionally, I am having a great deal of difficulty finding a crankset that will fit. Shimano XT's Hollow system only seems to come in 64mm BB shell size.

Could anyone recommend a good crankset for all mountain use with triple ring set up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.