Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For ages I have been saving up for the 600 pound focus northern lite [wiggle] but now that Im about to buy it, I hear that avid juicy 3s are crap, and brakes just have to be good for me. So I see the Viper TR 4.0 on chain reaction for only 560 pounds. It has hayes stroke ryde r6 while i think are better, but i heard someone say something bad about strokers, but I cant remember what it was!:madmax: Both have Tora 302s with lockout and both also have SRAM X-7/X-9 drivetrain.

My heart is set on the focus, but i cant stand the idea of flying down my favourite swooshy singletrack to find that my new brakes have failed.:madman:

Any advise?:confused:

Thanks

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
they won't fail, they're just not as good as others. also, the stroker ryde aren't as good as the stroker trail, but either one will stop you, just not necessarily with the feel you want.

·
Ride the dream
1,381 Posts
Always better to go with the bike you want, even if you have to change a part of two (making it a bit more expensive).

You might find that you dont mind the J3's (or that they dont hold you back) in which case theyll be fine.

If you're upgrading, Id recommend Formula Oro's rather than juicy 7's, but each to their own.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys, the tits on wiggle ran out of northern lites snd I now have bought a Cube Ltd Race at £700 and its a dream. It has ORO k18s and damn they are amazin! took ages to bed in but now theyre great

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.