Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So did anything survive the monsoon last night?

WOuld like to ride this afternoon. What do people think about Lory, since it is so rocky.

Finally starting to look like summer.

·
Registered
616 Posts
The storm track was right over Lory, so, yeah, 2-3 inches probably fell there and it's probably a mess. I hiked at Maxwell last night (before the storm) and it was finally dry, but it's probably a mess again now.

Sgltrak's suggestion is probalby your best bet. Or maybe DBB.

·
FleshwoundGravityResearch
1,285 Posts
latest on the Michaud/foothills area

llama said:
The storm track was right over Lory, so, yeah, 2-3 inches probably fell there and it's probably a mess. I hiked at Maxwell last night (before the storm) and it was finally dry, but it's probably a mess again now.

Sgltrak's suggestion is probalby your best bet. Or maybe DBB.
"Just went and rode Michaud for lunch, was going to come down foothills and head back to work. It was a mess as you started up the hill side. Kept coming up on little ponds, then at one point there was literally a stream flowing down the trail I know it rained last night pretty good, but damn!"

·
Registered
112 Posts
I rode DBB earlier today and all is good out there. Saw another cloud getting close so I turned around early and did not make it to blue sky or indian summer.

·
slow
7,462 Posts
Did a quick recon ride on the way back home from an errand in Old Town. Lower Michaud from the parking lot to the upper intersection is dry, but eroded. Kind of like riding up a dry creekbed in places. As mtn hack said, the stretch from the intersection to the south has a lot of water on it. However, it was all rideable with little to no trail damage. Just ride up the center.

Didn't ride Shoreline, but checked it out from above. Looked like mud holes in the usual spots. Maxwell was in good shape, with a few small mud holes in the usual spots behind the stadium.

As long as you stick to the enter of the trail, even in the mud, you should be good to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts