Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
My thoughts regarding any part of a bike . If you don't think about those bike parts while riding, they're perfect.

I love my ESI Chunkys.

I get an occasional minor tear. They usually last a year or two with 50+ miles a week riding year around.

·
Registered
244 Posts
ESI's again.

They ain't pretty, sure you will lose little bits when you clip trees, But they sure are nice for ridin... wet or dry the grip is good

I use to be an Oury fan until I tried ESI chunky

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I like the new ESI chunky grips I put on last week. I just want more chunk. What do you think about taking them one step beyond with a little wrap of bar tape to get some extra fatness?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Why are the ESI grips being referred to in this thread about foam grips? They aren't made of foam; they're made of silicone.

I used the Chunkys for awhile. Comfortable, great hand feel and grip but I think even they're a bit too small in diameter IMO.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I tried riding without gloves during a race in 35C temps and the ESI's were a perfect frictionless surface= FTL

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
f3rg said:
LOVE!

Get the Bontrager Race X Lite and you'll be happy for a long time.
I've been using the Ritchey WCS grips for years and thought they were brilliant but then I tried the Bontrager Race X Lite, they last longer, are smoother, more comfortable for me, the bar ends last longer and they're easier to get on so I'm going to be using them from now on for all my bikes but I would get the thicker version because the thinner can slip on the bars.:thumbsup:

·
pedal pusher
2,712 Posts
mopartodd said:
foam grips don't hold up = FTL
I've ridden for nearly 10 years now, and I've gone through 2-3 sets of rubbery (single and dual-compound) grips of various brands per year. Don't try to tell me that stuff lasts any longer than foam. :rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.