Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can some kind soul(s) give me some foam grip recommendations to look into?

Cheers :thumbsup:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I dont know if the MTB grips will last as long and the Deluxe road GrabOn's I have on My Gold wing, but they are 20 years old and still the best I have ever seen. (they were on the bike when I bought it and never knew who made them until now) I have ordered the MTB grips after looking to find ones as good as them for years.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
not exactly foam perhaps, but i really like ESI...other than lock on grips, these are the only grips i would ever consider as they dont move AT ALL (perhaps the silicone material?? dunno)

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
limba said:
Ritchey WCS or ESI Chunky. Both are very popular with the Weenies.
indeed...while i prefer the "Chunky" version for sure, a true panty-waisted weight weenie would opt for the race version, while nice, not as nice as the chunky...but lighter (though only by 10 grams @50 grams vs 60 grams for Chunky)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Don't do Pork Rinds. Mine had the throttle effect until I decided to zip tie em. They still were not comfortable. I have decided that grips for me aren't worth a weight savings. You can also try the bar tape method since you have a lot of customize grip width, thickness, etc.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I"ve tried many. Pork rinds-super thin and massive feedback jolts through your arms. Kona race-lite grips- almost the same as the pork rinds with massive feedback and sore palms. I keep going back to the ritchey wcs foams as they are very comfortable, don't twist and are only ~20 g heavier than the aforementioned grips.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nj0ywatch1np0rn said:
ESI chunkys are sweet!
Yeah I've been looking at these, not light at 60g but they are meant to be really good. You got any pics of em to share? :p

1 - 20 of 67 Posts