Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday Night Fat Boy Road Ride. :thumbsup:

Baggies, Camelbac, MTB shoes, Ventana jersey, Turner socks and a cross bike.

Nice little loop for me with almost zero traffic to deal with. The Jamis Nova really works well as a road machine with me being on the larger/fat side. Few mosquito's going around McCormick park but not too bad. Sure could feel the heat and moisture when I was next to the lake. Heat was not that bad as half way into the ride it was dark. No cramping so maybe the Spinerval video is paying off. One leg drills suck!!!! Plus first ride since I had a fitting by Tim @ Landis. Just had to deal with a little numb hand issues which were not real bad.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.do?episodePk.pkValue=6038160#

·
Too many Sedonuts...
1,512 Posts
trb2929 said:
Friday Night Fat Boy Road Ride. :thumbsup:

Baggies, Camelbac, MTB shoes, Ventana jersey, Turner socks and a cross bike.

Nice little loop for me with almost zero traffic to deal with. The Jamis Nova really works well as a road machine with me being on the larger/fat side. Few mosquito's going around McCormick park but not too bad. Sure could feel the heat and moisture when I was next to the lake. Heat was not that bad as half way into the ride it was dark. No cramping so maybe the Spinerval video is paying off. One leg drills suck!!!! Plus first ride since I had a fitting by Tim @ Landis. Just had to deal with a little numb hand issues which were not real bad.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.do?episodePk.pkValue=6038160#
The Church of the Unlabeled Beer salutes and supports you, my friend. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Working on it pal. I want to ride those SOMO trails darn it. Have fun camping. This the first adventure for the littlest one?

·
Too many Sedonuts...
1,512 Posts
trb2929 said:
Working on it pal. I want to ride those SOMO trails darn it. Have fun camping. This the first adventure for the littlest one?
Third. He was on the beach in Oceanside picking up on the 4-month old hotties a couple weeks ago, and we camped near the beach. Then back in Jan (when he was 2 months old) we spent a night at Pass Mountain. So he's a veteran. :p

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL, that's cool. :thumbsup:

Again enjoy camping/riding! I think I'll be doing this Friday deal for a while until the monsoon becomes an issue. Would like to get it up to a 20 mile loop. But I miss even my short dirt rides! Hey it's my season and I have to to put in the hours.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same loop as last week. This time I had road shoes and pedals, but still wore baggies and camelbac. Also used the big ring this time because Rodney said that's what the fast riders use.:smilewinkgrin: Knocked 3 minutes off last weeks time and bumped the average up to 13.5. Some of the improved pace came from not backing off as much on some wet turns. But I do feel I pushed the pace a little harder also. Hands were not as numb this week. Overall warm ride but very enjoyable. More mosquito's out going around the lake. I don't like the taste of them!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.