Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys:

I'm an experienced XC rider, and I have been riding a specialized stumpjumper for the past four or five years. It's about time to get a new bike, and I wanted to upgrade because I'm looking to get serious abour racing. So, I looked at higher end specialized bikes, and yeah, you're going at least 1600 min for a better bike. THEN I CAME ACROSS MOTOBECANE!

I've read a lot of posts about moto, and I have to say that most of the reviews are very positive. that is, you get tonss of bike for your money. If the bike comes with the components listed on bikesdirect.com, then you really are getting a lot of bang for the buck. hell, the components alone are worth the price, in my opinion. YOU CAN'T BEAT THE WEIGHT, EITHER! I'm going to take my chances and get the fly. I'm going to ride it proudly, too. At races, people will be saying "wtf is a motobecane, and did it really just own me?"

I really don't know how they can sell these bikes so cheaply. there is still something inside of me that is a bit worried about buying one, but i'm going to trust the reviews.

also, i see a lot of reviews saying "oh, well, the components weren't right, and the wheels weren't perfect, either" Well, i'm sure name brand bikes aren't perfect when they come right out of the box, either. mechanics put them together and make them perfect before anyone rides them.

Listen, even if there are a few things wrong with the bike and I have to put some time and money into it, i'm not complaining, because I'm saving at least 1500 bucks by purchasing this bike. And hell, can it be that bad? The only thing that's really moto is the frame, and it's probably made by the same people who mass produce name brand frames anyway.

STOP BASHING MOTO, BECAUSE I'M GOING TO OWN EVERY ONE OF YOU WITH NAME BRAND BIKES. I PROMISE.

TEAM MOTO

·
Banned
240 Posts
Dude, nobody is bashing Motobecane.

>_>

The Fly 9357 is a very nice XC bike, lightweight, and great components.

The reason they can sell it so cheaply is because they sell it directly to the customer, so there's no markup by a bike shop.

The only thing you might want to change is the tires - they're very light but only good in certain conditions. Swapping them out for better tires would probably add 1 lb, but the bike is so light already.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey,

You're right. No one here is bashing Moto. I have read other posts on other sites that were, so I guess that sent me on a tangent.

Anyway, I'm 5' 7" 1/2 and I currently ride an 18 inch. however, i am considering getting the 16 inch. i read elsewhere that other people are considering the same option. any suggestions?

I train almost exclusively on the roads, so the tires should work well for at least that, shouldn't they?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi -
I'm 5'8" or so and I have 16" Fly Pro. Fits me fine. My last bike was an 18". I wanted something for more aggressive singletrack riding and so the 16". I love the bike.

The tires are OK. They work on the street and single track. Not so great for loose surface. They climb better then expected. I'm looking to change the them soon, but trying to find something that isn't too heavy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts