Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Homers,

I'm considering a TNT Flux purchase. Have a Q re. sizing--sorry for the 'retread' query.

I'm 5'7" tall, inseam ~ 30.5", 140 pounds. The Sm Flux has a 22.5TT, which is approx. what I'm used to. The Med. Flux, with a 23.5TT appears too big. The Sm Flux has a rather short seat tube, at 15", so a 350-400mm post will be needed--that's a small frame.
Any comments or suggestions, to the contrary? I'll take any accolades from Flux owners, if you are so inclined, as well.... Thanks.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
the flux fits long and is 1 part of why its so damn fast. dependin on what ya have now, that extra t/t may be a welcome change you dont even realize yet. get the medium and run a 70mm stem if need be. trust me.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? Thanks for the reply, because I would not otherwise have considered a frame with a 23.5" TT. I do run a long stem, on my current frame (~22.5TT and a 110mm stem), so I could easily replicate the reach I am using now.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
zep said:
Really? Thanks for the reply, because I would not otherwise have considered a frame with a 23.5" TT. I do run a long stem, on my current frame (~22.5TT and a 110mm stem), so I could easily replicate the reach I am using now.
I'm 5'8.5", but my inseam is 33". My two bikes have a 23.5" top tube w/ a 100mm stem. They seem to fit me well. Sounds like you have a longish torso, so you might be better off on the medium. Assuming that you're really 5'7"; a lot of guys exaggerate ;)

Of course the best thing to do would be to get a ride on both sizes if possible.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
now yer gettin it! id say a 110 is a mighty long stem for a guy yer size. im 5'9" and got nuthin but grief from these yahoos for runnin a 120 on my med flux. for the steepness of our trails, it worked perfectly for me.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Measurements are WRONG

The medium 08 Flux DOES NOT have a 23.5" Top Tube - I have ranted about this and it pi$$ed me off beyond belief that Turner's website is incorrect. They have the #s from the Nitrous published not the Flux. The M is 23.2 as I recall - I bought a M thinking it was 23.5 and then saw a thread where the incorrect measurements were stated - I had to then buy a L as the L top tube is 24.2 and not 24.5 as stated on the website. I even spoke to DT about this and his response was "we have bigger stuff to worry about" and I told him that people make purchasing decisions based on listed geometry and he should change the specs on the website.......I'll try and dig out the thread after lunch/church...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.