Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had spec'd my flux w/ a Reba Team U-turn w/ pop loc. The shop's supplier is out of stock. I can get the Team air w/o pop-loc or a Race u-turn w/poploc but it would be citrus color and I just can't go there. Poploc seems to be one of the great features of the reba but it does get mixed reviews. None of the wrenches at the shop like the U-turn so they say go with dual air anyway.

The shop is suggesting I consider the Fox F100 RLT instead. I notice in the flux data base that more folks are using the RLT than the reba.

so, any comments or recommendations? I've heard that the flux was designed using the reba. I really wanted a Reba but the RLT seems a bit simpler to dial in.

thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Fork'n around

I've now spent way to much on forks for my Burner. I've settled on the RLT. I've been impressed with just about every aspect of it. It's stiff, it plush, it bounces at the right time and hold solid when I need it to be... It a damn good fork. (Can I say "Damn" on this board?)

Mated with the RP3 on the rear of your flux and you might have one of the best setups out there...

Sidenote: I asked my LBS to install an RLC . When I picked up the bike I noticed that I had an RLT; it was already cut. They said try it to see if I liked it. If the Fork didn't work for me they'd make it right. I planned on hating it. I didn't even bother to adjust it for my first ride. I ended up really like it. Once dialed in I really started to like it.

·
SNGLSPD
1,058 Posts
how about the Reba SL

I like the SL better than all the reba's plus it is lighter and simpler.
and in a cool black.I think the fork works good enough that you would not need the poplock.
A talus is a good option also.

·
Pixie Dust Addict
3,368 Posts
Surfpriest said:
I had spec'd my flux w/ a Reba Team U-turn w/ pop loc. The shop's supplier is out of stock. I can get the Team air w/o pop-loc or a Race u-turn w/poploc but it would be citrus color and I just can't go there. Poploc seems to be one of the great features of the reba but it does get mixed reviews. None of the wrenches at the shop like the U-turn so they say go with dual air anyway.

The shop is suggesting I consider the Fox F100 RLT instead. I notice in the flux data base that more folks are using the RLT than the reba.

so, any comments or recommendations? I've heard that the flux was designed using the reba. I really wanted a Reba but the RLT seems a bit simpler to dial in.

thanks.
At this point, I would advise going with the Fox. My Flux came with a Reba Race with Pop-loc and I really liked it-at first. Then it started behaving strangely and I got it rebuilt at Sea Otter last weekend and all is well for now. Now I'm waiting for it to fail again. If it does, it's off to Rock Shox, and then to the classifieds. Maybe they got the rebuild right and I won't have to worry about it, but I would recommend the Fox forks over the Rock Shox if you are buying a new fork.

Enjoy the Flux, it's a great bike.

-Paul

·
Registered
152 Posts
Reba

2TurnersNotEnough said:
At this point, I would advise going with the Fox. My Flux came with a Reba Race with Pop-loc and I really liked it-at first. Then it started behaving strangely and I got it rebuilt at Sea Otter last weekend and all is well for now. Now I'm waiting for it to fail again. If it does, it's off to Rock Shox, and then to the classifieds. Maybe they got the rebuild right and I won't have to worry about it, but I would recommend the Fox forks over the Rock Shox if you are buying a new fork.

-Paul
So you recommend the Fox because you had one issue with the Reba? It sounds like they fixed it for you and now the fork is working great.

You got one of the Interbike Flux's which had some of the early Reba's on them. They did have a problem with an o-ring in the first batch of forks, but that is no longer an issue. Your fork should be good to go for a long time now. I have a Dual Air Pike (basically same internals) that I have been riding for over 6 months without a single issue.

The Reba is a great fork which is lighter than a Fox, cheaper than a Fox and IMO works better than a Fox.

Surfpriest, give the Reba a try. As for the U-Turn, I think it is one of the best features of the Reba. Try the Race U-Turn with PopLoc. It's only slightly heavier than the Team, plus it comes in black. Only the Team forks come in Citrus.

·
Registered
100 Posts
After 2 1/2 months, I have had no problems (knock wood) with the Reba SL. I like it more than the 05 F100x I have on another bike. I've never wished my Flux had more travel - the 100 mm seems perfectly balanced. I'm not sure, but it seems like the U-turn and poplock seem more problematic. The only slight inconvenience is I do reach down and turn up full compression for long climbs and dial ot back for descent.
Great bike!

Kush

·
cask conditioned
625 Posts
I got an RLT for my Flux because my weight weenie mode told me to. I ignored the all the homer's advice to stick with my Talas (which needs new lowers due to my roof rack) and figured I could Push the RLT and make it work even better.

Well....

I hate the RLT. Compared to the Talas at the same travel it doesn't feel nearly as plush. And to make matters worse, Push doesn't do a full Push mod to the RLT because there isn't a compression valve or something like that. I had Fox tune my fork when I was at Sea Otter, and it did feel a bit better but it's not as good as the Talas. I think I really miss the linear travel and the extra few mm's I got on the Talas.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the input.

I went by the LBS again top ask more questions. Two of the guys are both using the RLT and love it.

I get the sense that all the compaints about the RLT have more to do with setup issues than with the fork itself. Sounds like it can be made as linear or as progressive as you want.

Anyway, I'm going with the Fox F100 RLT. I'm not sure I want to mess with all the travel adjust and poploc stuff.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
feel

It's air sprung so it's progressive. I meant more how it feels. I do think it's easier to dial in then having to mess with pos and neg pressure. I have a Z1 FR SL and it's a pain to dial in. 3 chambers! the fox has air on one side only.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.