Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy owner of new Flux frame and will be building up soon. Does the BB shell and steering tube on Turner frames come faced? Did a search on this and can't say I found much regarding this matter and Turner frames. Found some stuff with people bringing up facing issues in response to posts about BB problems, but that was about it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The BB shell on my Flux was way out and under sized, measured 72 before facing.
The shock mount is also out of line.
When i screwed the out board bearing in the shell it contacted only a third of the shell and i could see daylight around the rest of it.

Love the bike though..

·
Registered
226 Posts
With a 72mm shell, did you end up facing it down some, so that you could use a spacer to fill up the excess space to bring it up to 73mm? On my bike (Racer X), I had to face my shell b/c it was 74mm.

Yes,the non drive side was out of shape, with a high spot around one third of the shell, so i had to put a 1.5mm spacer in there after facing and the standard spacer on the drive side.

·
~~~~~~~~
5,937 Posts
hey CragRat,

I still can't figure out whats going on in your avatar photo.
I'm guessing the cat is getting bucked off the dog, i.e. domestic animal rodeo?

sorry, nothing else going on in the forum...

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
the champ is down! the champ is down! i havent seen a right like that since ann colter gained popularity, john!

yer right bob. this has got to come as a complete suprise to the fans! this unknown contender just laid out someone with a 0 and 40 record! most people would tell you that he was a... well lets just say they didnt think he had it in him., bob.

indeed, john. the champ will be pickin mat out of his back for a week. i guess you could say his bark was worse than his bite.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.