Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am confused about the compatibility of turner bikes between different models. A search of the forum has bought nothing up.

I have seen fluxes with 5 spot front triangles, 5 spots with 6 pack triangles, RFX's with 5 spot linkage plates and so forth.

So what is and isn't compatible?????

For example, could you buy a 6pack, then get a set of flux linkage plates and a shorter shock and have a beefy 4inch bike?

· Banned
16,463 Posts
The rear ends from the Burner to the Flux to the Spot are the same. RFX/Six Packs have one that looks similar, but is much heavier. The mainframe should stay with it's respective rocker, as in you can't use a flux rocker on the Burner because of the rocker main pivot block position.

· No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
All bikes use the same pivots and pivot hardware as well as suspension member spacing, so you could theoretically mix and match any combo of parts you wanted. The limits would be if the rear tire hit the seat tube at bottomout, etc. Some stuff is a no-no. Generally increasing travel is not kosher, decreasing is ok.

· Registered
8,384 Posts
Cactuscorn said: "and its damn hard if not outright impossible to get lone rocker sets from turner. he doesnt want 6" rockers on spots then have folks complainin that they broke a frame."

Well then, DT is going to be really ticked off when he sees the Nitrous I bought under my wife's name (and weight) then fitted with 6-Pack rockers! Lookout Kabush, here I come! :D

· Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,941 Posts
yeah yeah. thats nice and all kos but im gonna mount a set of pack rokers on my stinger! bet mines faster than yers! dt just sent me spy pics of this mod. maybe he was sleep walking. maybe im drunk.

· Trampelpfadbenutzer
692 Posts
cactuscorn said:
yeah yeah. thats nice and all kos but im gonna mount a set of pack rokers on my stinger! bet mines faster than yers! dt just sent me spy pics of this mod. maybe he was sleep walking. maybe im drunk.
A Stinger with rockers? Good laugh :D

RaD

· Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tscheezy said:
All bikes use the same pivots and pivot hardware as well as suspension member spacing, so you could theoretically mix and match any combo of parts you wanted. The limits would be if the rear tire hit the seat tube at bottomout, etc. Some stuff is a no-no. Generally increasing travel is not kosher, decreasing is ok.
Thanks.

I wasn't thinking of increasing travel on a frame but decreasing it. I would like to own a 4inch bike like a flux but i know i would break it as i ride too agressive and pick the faster line instead of the smoother line. A pack with 4inch plates would suit me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.