Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm rebuilding a Fox fit f29 RLC 100
I have looked at the fluid volume guide here. and have watched and read a dozen tutorials, The problem is that non of the tutorials seam to line up with the fluids guide. I'm guessing that my fork is #16 on the chart. All the tutorials say to add lubrication fluid from the bottom (30 ML) of the spring side, then a 5ml to the top of the air side. Now add (33.6) ML of suspension fluid to the top of the damper. Great! were the heck is this other 30 ML of lubricating oil supposed (damper side oil bath) to go? I've thought about adding it to the bottom of the damper at the rebound adjustment but it just seams to me that it will mix the lubricating fluid with the suspension fluid. All the video's I've seen show adding fluid to 3 locations, but not to four.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The other 30 ml is for the damper side....not inside the fit damper......you have fox red for inside the fit bladder.....and another 30ml of fox green inside the sanction to lubicate the damper...

·
Registered
79 Posts
so after you put 30ml in the spring side.....tighten the 10mm nut...fill the top with 5ml of fox float fluid....tighten the air side top cap...

next damper side......fill fit bladder and bleed according to directions.......put the damper cart. inside sanction....tighten bottom 10mm nut.....lift damper slightly and fill that side with the 30 ml of fox green

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply. The air side is done, I don't see any instructions for filling the bladder. In fact, I don't see how to drain the bladder, instructions for draining the bladder don't seem to apply to my cartridge because there is no release valve at the bottom.

I can't tell if there is any fluid inside the badder. Because I haven't seen instructions of filling the bladder I assumed the badder filled it self from fluid added into the top. I guess this is were I'm having problems.

OK, hold on.

I just found this
It was my understanding that I did not need to tear the cartridge apart if I'm not having problems. So am I good to just ad the 30 ML up top, or should I tear down the cartridge

·
Registered
79 Posts
i personally change the fluids in the fit bladder, seals and dust wipers every 1000 miles...

i clean the seal, dust wipers every 250 miles or so...

i clean seal, dust wipers, and change oil in both sides every 500 miles...

If you have kashima coated sanctions and rather take precaution over replacement....then id follow fox directions..

·
Registered
79 Posts
no problem.....it seems much easier to do a simple oil change on a RLC Fit bladder then my CTD fit bladder....but its one bolt.....id do it just for prevention....these forks can be damaged easily from not changing the oil..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts