Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Tyranical Teabagger
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm here in Ketchum on my honeymoon and have one day to get a quick ride in. I stopped by the Elephant's Perch and a super nice guy gave me a great, quick ride to do that is accessible from the paved bike path ( outside my cabin rental ). It was around 7ish miles and he said there was a flow trail that branched off of it. Problem is, I can't friggin' remember the name of the trails and how to get there. Any ideas?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Happy honeymooning! I hope you have a great time in the Wood River Valley. The trail is called Forbidden Fruit and it accessible from Eve's Gulch which is out Adam's Gulch. Depending on where you are staying I would ride out warm springs road and go over Heidleburg Hill to shady side to Eve's to forbidden fruit. On the way back climb up Adam 's Gulch to citizens trail to sunny side and then back over Heidleburg hill from the parking lot. It may sound confusing but if you look on a map it is pretty straight forward. I hope it is dry with all of the rain we have been getting.

·
The Tyranical Teabagger
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weather has been an issue but it's all good! Stoked to be here...I am concerned about the trails being too wet. I'll see how it looks tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for the info...I assume there's only one flow trail?

·
Registered
120 Posts
There are two other flow trails but they are 11 miles south in Hailey. They are more exposed so they might dry faster than the trails in ketchum. They are out Croy Canyon and called centreline and punchline ( I think). Forbidden Fruit is a really fun trail so hopefully there will be a break in the weather. Enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
635 Posts
"Flow" is relative to context. Today IMBA and others have coined the term "flow trial" with specific design considerations. Fun trails that _flow_ abound in S.V.

Try Tail Creek Cabin to Corral Creek - Great wall map at the bike shop next to th Sun Valley Lodge, Pete Lane's manager Greg will show you some...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.