Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
no fat chicks
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are into day 4 of our flow trail build at Forest City Trail and we could use all the help we can get. The project is being funded by Trek Bicycle and Route 66 Bike Shop. We are working from 9-5 til Friday. Then starting back up on Monday April 14 for a few more days. Volunteers should bring McLeods, rakes, shovels, tampers, etc. basic dirt shaping and packing tools. Follow the trail page on Facebook for photos and video progress of the build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
I posted this on TrailSprings facebook page, they are a Springfield, MO group for build trails. They are the ones behind the Two Rivers bike park in highlandville.

·
no fat chicks
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks to a tremendous volunteer effort, we finished the new Monkey Barrel flow trail on Friday. For photos and updates please look up Forest City Mountain Bike Trail on Facebook. Over 30 features are packed into the flow trail and there's an easy bike path climb back to the top. The trail is downhill only and beginner friendly of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Builder of Trails
797 Posts
How long is the trail? Is it a one way trail? What is the best flow? clockwise from the trailhead?
The trail is an approximate action-packed 630' long, one way starting at the top. There is no CW or CCW b/c it is not a loop. You can take the road as a return for the time being.

To get to the trail, take the road to the left of the kiosk downhill toward the mulch. The entrance to the trail is on the right past the mulch.

Dewayne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts