Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'll be in the Area and I'm thinking to partecipate (if an Italian can enter the race in some way) possibly on a Singlespeed.

Any Floridian Singlespeeder fancy to help me finding a Bike?

this is all I've discovered about the event:

#7 NORTH MIAMI ( Oleta River State Park ) 12/04/05

*also part of the South Florida Championship series

15 PTS BONUS to all starters

Wave Order: Kids 8:30am / 9:30am - 1st White / 11:30am - 2nd Yellow

Schedule

Directions: From I-95 take exit #19, turn East on 163rd street, (826 West) go 4.5 miles to Interama Blvd and turn right.Cost: Normal park entrance fees apply. Lodging: Camping: Cabins 800-326-3521 or http://www.reserveamerica.com Food and restrooms: Available on site Phone: (305) 919-1846 Web: http://www.floridastateparks.org/oletariver/default.asp

Course Description: Intermediate to advanced level riding , virtually no elevation changes but technical sections make up for it, similar to Jacksonville, hardpack base, this course holds up well in rainy conditions, lots of roots and tight single track with wide passing areas on the jeep roads, volunteer trail is one of the funest sections with lots of banked turns and jumps. Full suspension is a plus. Distance approx 6 miles.

· Registered
54 Posts
Oleta is open and the race is on.
Though I won't be there and live in the Tampa area.
If you can get up this way I'll take you to the TOE or Alafia.
The TOE is the best track in FL, and I'll even let you
ride my Matt Chester Mute.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SSTed29r said:
Wow for a matt Chester ride i could actually rent a Vette a race over there....

I'll be actually in Sand Piper Club Med prisoner of a bunch of Golfers so I'm trying to find some Cycling solutions......

· Registered
171 Posts
another29errider

SSTed29r said:
hope all is well.
TOE best track- pretty bold ted! maybe its time to drop $30 for ridgeriders and find out.
it was cool riding with inger and your friends the last swamp ftf day. i was @ the folks in miami for thanksgiving. oleta and amelia were depressing.the damage seemed to be mostly fallen trees not water.
cheers
jim

· Registered
490 Posts
Hey Spiedo

Sand Piper-Club Med, the one in Port St. Lucie? If you're interested in riding local I might be able to help you out. It just depends on your schedule and if the trails are dry enough. We've had a ton of rain. What size bike do you need?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.