Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been thinking... Florida is the great state of confusion; however, we have tons of people who mountain bike here in the state. From Miami to Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville and the Panhandle. This is a big ass state! Shouldn't we have our own forum here :confused: Sorry I get cranky maybe i need a Snickers!

·
Trail Rider
1,418 Posts
Why split it up?

This regional forum's first page spans for greater than a month on the first page. Its pretty obvious that Florida, nor TN, GA, and AL riders are posting enough to warrant their own forum.

You pull FL, this forum will loose half its traffic, read as twice as dead. Meanwhile the FL forum will also be twice as dead as this regional forum is now.

I don't see the win, in FL having its own forum.

In short... Nay.

·
Shortcutting Hikabiker
3,220 Posts
LOL. There are what... 5 large trail systems in this state? The Atlanta are alone has more than that. If the fact that only 6 threads have been posted in over the last 24 hours isn't reason enough to leave it as is.

·
Jackalope Hunter
934 Posts
The OP's been using this forum for two whole months and wants Fl to have its own board... :p

It ain't broke... why "Fix" it? I say keep them together. Eat a snickers OP! :thumbsup:;)

·
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL. There are what... 5 large trail systems in this state? The Atlanta are alone has more than that. If the fact that only 6 threads have been posted in over the last 24 hours isn't reason enough to leave it as is.
That's actually wrong. There are like about 5 in South Fla alone. Miami/Broward County.

That's not counting all the other cities and major cities + plus the Everglades trails.

·
Trail Rider
1,418 Posts
Makes you think huh... That statement above tells me something.
It makes me think... Why split a dead forum into two VERY dead forums.

That's actually wrong. There are like about 5 in South Fla alone. Miami/Broward County.

That's not counting all the other cities and major cities + plus the Everglades trails.
The conundrum here could very well be what one person considers a "large" trail system.

Florida has very, very few large trail systems compared to alot of the states out there...

Most people aren't going to count a 5-10 mile loop, large, which is what Florida has lots of...

·
Shortcutting Hikabiker
3,220 Posts

From that comment I instantly thought "This guy must have just started riding." Confirmed by your profile.

Get out of Miami and ride some real trails. :thumbsup:

·
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
From that comment I instantly thought "This guy must have just started riding." Confirmed by your profile.

Get out of Miami and ride some real trails. :thumbsup:
Geeez FBI... Sorry we don't have REAL trails in South Fla. I'll tell Obama to build a artificial Mountain for us Swiming Cubans in South Fla

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
It makes me think... Why split a dead forum into two VERY dead forums.

The conundrum here could very well be what one person considers a "large" trail system.

Florida has very, very few large trail systems compared to alot of the states out there...

Most people aren't going to count a 5-10 mile loop, large, which is what Florida has lots of...
I would agree with what the SUPRBUGMAN has posted. Not saying the riding here is bad, just a different type of riding for most South Florida trails.

As for the mountain, the Dyer Hill trail is about the most climbing per mile you will find around here. Again, not a bad thing, just different from other parts of the US. As much as riders dislike that trail, it is one of the places to ride or hike if you know you have an upcoming trip into the mountains.

If I recall correctly, this exact topic has come up several times in the past, typically, the general consensus is to let it be if it's not broken.

What would be better though is if there was a permanent sticky, linking all the current Florida trails, to the trails section by the geographic area of the state. This would let those newer to MTBR find trail locations more easily.

PK

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.