Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a question for my Fellow Clydes....

I ride both on and off road (XC). When off road I ride at Johnathan Dickenson State Park, which is mostly roots, sand and some firm stuff, did I say SAND.

I am riding a Kona Hoss Dee-Lux with a set of Continental Vertical 2.3's. They seem to work well for the limited experience I have.

What kind of tires are you guys riding for this type of terrain?

Thanks
Gordi :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
MTB-5O said:

I ride both on and off road (XC). When off road I ride at Johnathan Dickenson State Park, which is mostly roots, sand and some firm stuff, did I say SAND.

I am riding a Kona Hoss Dee-Lux with a set of Continental Vertical 2.3's. They seem to work well for the limited experience I have.

Thanks
I have those same tires on my Dawg. They work pretty good for all Florida conditions that I've encountered. I ride Jacksonville and the Ocala area mostly but was at Johnathan Dickenson a few months ago. Pretty good trails there if you can avoid those rooty sections.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Squash

MTB-5O said:

Thanks
You have the right idea for your terrain and a good tire there. I have Conti Vert 2.3's on my enduro and love them. The only other thing that you could do to make the sandy sections a little easier is maybe go wider, 2.5 or the like. But wider will be heavier. I think the Verts are probably one of the better compromises between width and high air volume and weight. Good traction in most all conditions, durable, and predicatable, I'd stick with em.

Good Dirt

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks....

I like my Vertical's which are not even close to wore out yet, however; it seems I have a new addiction in trying different things on my bike, tires, stems, saddles, etc. I have a friend who will sell me a new set of Gravity Pro's (2.5's) for $50 and think I will try them out as well.

Thanks again and as usual everyone on this site is very helpfull in "pushing" my new addiction. ;)

Thanks as always
Gordi
:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.