Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any bike shops in the state of Florida that has a tool to ream the headtube (1 1/8) to accept a deep cup headset?? I think I have called just about every bike shop and none of them has one. Do NOT get confused with a facer, the tool I require goes into the headtube and reams to fit the deeper headset.

Since I am in the middle of the state and this is so important to me, I would be willing to drive just about anywhere in the state to get this done.

Thanks,
'
YaMon.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I don't know if they have them or not, but I'd contact Orange Cycle Works in Orlando and Bent's in Lakeland to see if they have the tools.

IMO, unless you are doing super huge hucks, I wouldn't bother with a deep cup headset, get a Chris King in whatever color you fancy and call it a day.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Broke 2 already....

Completely sheared off a set of CC S2's.....which are crap anyways and everyone knows that.

Put on a set of PIG DH's and had to cut them short because of the reaming issue. Recetly heard them creaking a bit and stopped after I oiled them, so I know they are moving around slightly. I don't want it to get any worse and figure this is the best way to go about it. Even if I put in a set of CK's, I am still concerned because it may have a slight amount of ovalization anyways.

Thanks, I'll call Orange, the one in Lakeland did not have it.

.......Just called Orange and they have it, You Da Man !!!!!!! Thanks, I have called every bikeshop in Tampa an Miami looking for that tool and they are only going to charge me $30 to do. For a tool that cost $600+ and gets very little use, that is a bargain.

YaMon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.